It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

bcoh HB User
Post LUMP in Throat - GERD

Hello. I have had GERD for almost 5 years now. At first it was so bad that I was vomitting acid 7 times a day. I changed my diet and excersized more, but still have vomitting episodes about 2-3 times a week. Over the last 3 months, I have been getting this feeling like there is a lump in my throat, but it has become more frequent. This has been happening almost everyday. I don't have health insurance and I don't know what to do. Maybe it's LPR?

My diet consists of no meat, some seafood, brown rice and veggies. I try to avoid dairy, salty/oily/fried foods at all costs, and stay active. But nothing seems to work. Someone please help. My quality of life has definitely been affected by this problem...

Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: LUMP in Throat - GERD

My LPR symptoms are much harder to control. I have this feeling of stuck PND in my right sinus forever and nothing, I mean nothing has helped. It causes me to sniff (loudly) and chronic cough and clearing my throat. I had same job for 25 yrs and now I'm afraid I won't be able to find another one or they won't keep me long. I so understand how it affects your personal and professionally life. Good Luck.

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

bcoh HB User

geez... I hope we can all find some relief from this. I can hardly concentrate at work and I've become highly irritable due to the pain and the frustration of this disease... good luck to you as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
(female)

peggster HB User

I believe I have LPR, altho not officially diagnosed as of yet. The symptoms are similar except I don't know if I would call it a "lump" in the throat but I do feel restriction & tightening. My symptoms do not include heartburn but mainly raw throat & hoarseness. Recently went to GI who explained that when you have reflux, the body tightens the esophagus to keep the acid from going to the lungs....I'm assuming that is what I feel. I know it is worse when my reflux is worse. I did have an endoscopic exam recently which showed mild gastritis & some changes (sent biopsy). I haven't seen the results yet. From what I've read, LPR is more difficult to treat than traditional GERD and often goes undiagnosed. Hope that helps and good luck.

Closed Thread