It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
(female)

tdavenport HB User
Re: Anyone with both GERD and Gastroparesis?

I myself have beens suffering from gastro for about a yr now and I can tell you sometimes are better than others. Have you tried Domperidone? Its not approved in the US but it def does help with the issue. Hope this has helped and if anyone else has any other ideas for this please let me know, it would really be appreciated!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #17
(female)

tdavenport HB User

I myself have been suffering from gastro for about a yr now and I can tell you sometimes are better than others. Have you tried Domperidone? Its not approved in the US but it def does help with the issue. Hope this has helped and if anyone else has any other ideas for this please let me know, it would really be appreciated!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
(female)

lillye HB User

I just got diagnosed with gastroparesis too---It is horrible---I had my gallbladder removed in August of this year and experienced constant nausea for 5 months--I also have had gerd which only came up after my gallbladder removal on aug, 5th of this year----I take 40 mg protonix in the morning, 150mg. zantac at night, carafate with lunch and dinner and erythromycin twice a day for the gastroparesis----I feel pretty well for the first time in 4 months---how are you doing and what has worked for you?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
(female)

seebizzybee HB User

I also have GERD and Gastroparesis. My GERD is also aggrevated by a hiatal hernia, but the Gastroparesis flared it up this year (stomach slowed down more and reflux kicked in full force)!

I take Dexilant for the GERD, but currently don't take anything for the GP (just eat small portions, low-fat and low-fiber - that last one is the hardest - I miss my fruits and veggies more than I miss the fat). My GI doc wanted me to try Domperidone and I still might, but I am always afraid of side effects (if there is a weird side effect that only one percent of the people get, it's usually me and Domperidone has heart side effects they have recently discovered, though rare, I am sure - all meds have possible dangerous side effects for a few, so I should just try it).

Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Hi, ckpsyc. I have had GERD and gastritis for a while, and I've just recently been diagnosed with gastroparesis. I currently see a fancy GI at a teaching hospital, and he thinks that the GP caused the other two conditions: Food doesn't leave my stomach, so instead it sits around, causes irritation to the stomach lining and causes reflux.

I am taking Domperidone, imported. It helps a LOT and it's so much less toxic than Reglan. I was on PPIs for a long time, they helped but they never seemed to help MUCH, probably because the motility issues weren't being addressed.

Let me know if you want to chat.

Jane.
Jane, how do you get domperidone? Do you live in Canada?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User

I wonder if gerd medicine is what gives you gastroparesis. I seem get bucket load of conditions when im on gerd medicine as
Compare to off. Like the stomach growling. Even after got off xzantac
It took mouths get rid of that sound inthought was permanent

Old 07-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
Domperidone was prescribed for me because of constant bloating with IBS also Nausea.
I have side effects to practically all medication but have had None with this and found it really helpful.
I live in Ireland and can buy it OTC or my Dr will prescribe it for me in quantity and cheaper.
I have heard you can buy it online and it is also available in the UK ,OTC.

Solofelix.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
(female)

sealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB Usersealbeachluvr HB User

I just started what everyone is swearing by, Apple Cider Vinegar - today is my second day. I woke up with that nausea again at 4:00 AM - and instead of taking my medicine, I took the ACV. The nausea went away in 2 minute and it is now 10:30 and still nausea free. But I have,my medicine just in case. It taste gross but it is helping with nausea.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #24
(female)

seebizzybee HB User

Vachilly - Americans can get Domperidone from Canada. My doc in VA gave me a script, I just haven't decided to fill it yet.

Gonzoe - I have wondered whether the PPI's slow down digestion - makes sense to me, since it lowers the acid levels, etc. But my doc said not likely and the research I have done have would suggest that is not the case. When I was diagnosed as being borderline Gastroparesis over a decade ago, I don't think I was taking a PPI. Plus, I have other issues with my Vagus nerve (Autonomic Dysfunction - Neurally Mediated Hypotension) and that is what causes Gastroparesis (damage to the Vagus nerve from whatever - diabetes, autoimmune disease, etc).

Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealbeachluvr View Post
I just started what everyone is swearing by, Apple Cider Vinegar - today is my second day. I woke up with that nausea again at 4:00 AM - and instead of taking my medicine, I took the ACV. The nausea went away in 2 minute and it is now 10:30 and still nausea free. But I have,my medicine just in case. It taste gross but it is helping with nausea.

This is interesting about the ACV,
I found similar with Aloe Vera Juice, you would think that ACV would be
very acidic but perhaps one counteracts the other,

Solofelix.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User

seebizzybee, I was just afraid that if you didn't have a prescription and bought it on the Internet that it might not be the real thing.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #27
Inactive
(male)

Erik7327 HB User

The drug not available in the US is "Motillium" and it's VERY easy to buy from foreign Pharmacies and if you talk to any doctor in the US who's familiar with it, few unfortunately are, she will tell you that it's entirely safe and the FDA is being ridiculous. I've been using it for years and it's amazing. Good Luck!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User

Hi guys I just found this board, I have been sick for over a year and at first my Biopsy came back as UC. I had a second and third test done over the next 12 months and now they say it is nothing but Gerd. I stooped my UC meds in May 2012, I feel much better but I still get inconsistent movements and feel nausea. I am on 40 MLG of Zegrid and that's it, I have a DR appointment next wed.....any recommendations of what I should ask him?

Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #29
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

I have had bouts of choking on food going on ten years now. Sometimes I lose weight and other times I stay stable. I found out 3 years ago I had a benign tumor on my Tgland and they took half of it out.

I was so much better for 2.5 years. Now 6 months ago it has started up again. I am so miserable too.
I just went to a Defensive Driving class at an Italian restaurant. They served a delicious caesar salad and pizza and soda. I ate some salad and 2 pieces of lukewarm pizza.

Fortunately nothing happened there. But when I got home at 4 I decided to eat a piece of baked turkey. OMG. It got stuck and I had to stick my finger down my throat 5 times to get my throat to not be choked. So much phlegm came up too.

Finally I actually threw up and spaghetti and olives were still in my stomach. I am freaking out. Now I don;t know what to think. But the choking always comes with protein!!
Am I just not chewing it into baby food or what?

help.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #30
(male)

Gonzoe HB UserGonzoe HB User

I only get good stuck if dont chew properly. What's a tlack Tumor or should I say where? Was it result of acid burn? Have you tried making your own smoothies?

Closed Thread