It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
(male)

sparkyireland HB User
Upper back and neck pain and more

Hi there

Can upper back pain be Associated with acid Reflux/Gerd, for example I have upper left back pain with occasional tingling. The pain does seem to radiate from front of chest to the back area. I also have pain in my middle back and even lower although this is a different kind of pain.

Can acid reflux be that bad to cause so much back pain. It really is typical that acid reflux causes so much symptoms in the heart area, I would be so much happier if they were in somewhere like my leg lol, that would ease anxieties.

Ok and also what kind of neck symptoms do you experience and do you think they are acid Reflux/Gerd related.

For me along with an extremely thick clear mucus in the throat, I have a feeling of stiff neck, I find myself holding the back of my neck at various times throughout the day.

Ahh and another problem, Gum inflammation? Possible Acid/Gerd related?

And probably the most important question and last for now, Just how ill does your Acid reflux make you feel? For me recently I just feel ill, pale, down and basically terrible (Even without Reflux symptoms present), although itís the kind of ill that you cant explain to anyone how cr*p you feel, or when a Dr asks you whatís the problem you cant Cleary tell him, or basically feeling really sick with total confusion as to why. Can it wear you down like this?

Thanks

Old 06-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Upper back and neck pain and more

I too have a stiff neck with my acid reflux. My neck was really sore today. I was trying to massage it. I have alot of mucus. It is really out of control right now. I am wondering if the stiff neck is from all the clearing of the mucus? I don't know...I really don't have an answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

My dad suffered for 11 years before they diagnosed him with acid reflux - he couldn't swallow meat and he would throw up his food. Chest pains because the food wouldn't go down. So now it is all straightened out but I guess it affects people in different ways. My mother has acid reflux - it wakes her up in the middle of the night and she has to catch her breath because the acids traveled up through her mouth. She also has gas that travels through her body and causes pain in the legs, arms, chest. She has been to emergency plenty of times thinking she is having a heart attack and finding out that it was gas. Not trying to scare you but gas does travel and mimics a heart attack so I guess the best thing to do is ask your doctor. I usually breath in and out and try to calm myself done when it happens. I don't know what I have yet but the gasterologist is telling me gerd or acid reflux. I am going to try the probiotics to reduce some of the gas. I am so worn out of all this and can't believe I have to live like this but hopefully they will have an answer for me. Gas can wear you down - I have felt totally exhausted at times and have to lay down. It is like I don't want to deal with anyone. I get numbness in the jaw and numbness in my legs. There are some weeks when I feel great then it comes back for 5 days. I wish I knew what this was so I can get treated.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
(female)

kicay HB User

That's what I'm still having until now. Left upper back pain, left stiff neck and lower back pain. I had my endoscopy done last March and was told to have mild acid reflux. Though I have been to 3 different gastroenterologist and diagnosed me also with GERD. My swallowing is much better than before and I am not experienceing fast heartbeat or anxiety attacks with chills. I hope we'll get the right treatment for this. It's seems like the doctors does not take GERD seriously but they didn't know that it makes a big effect in our daily living. I know I have GERD but I am also scared of thinking everyday that I might have cancer.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Please don't go there with the cancer feeling - I did that to myself and it drove me crazy. I even drove my doctor crazy - he took an xray MRCP and there was no tumors or cancer. Like my doctor said you would know it if you had cancer - you would have more symptoms. Try not to think that way and stay positive.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
(male)

pitcherred HB User

I have so many similar problems. post MVA . My chiropractor says that it causes all my stomach and adrenal problems - when he gets me adjusted i do feel an increase in digestion and appetite as well as general better health. Your body is all one it gets neuro feedback constantly - and any disruption of this will effect general neuro responses .. this is my belief.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

Hello I am normally on the anxiety messageboards but I suffer with gerd real bad. I wanted to know do you take any meds for your acid reflux? I only ask because nexium and aciphex give some nasty side affects, ones they fail to mention on the warning list. Aciphex caused me alot of upper back and neck pain,my stomach was always fluttering and I felt faint at times. Since I stopped it I feel so much better, I take prilosec which does ok but doesn't stop all the symptoms of gerd.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygirl33 View Post
Hello I am normally on the anxiety messageboards but I suffer with gerd real bad. I wanted to know do you take any meds for your acid reflux? I only ask because nexium and aciphex give some nasty side affects, ones they fail to mention on the warning list. Aciphex caused me alot of upper back and neck pain,my stomach was always fluttering and I felt faint at times. Since I stopped it I feel so much better, I take prilosec which does ok but doesn't stop all the symptoms of gerd.

I too cannot take nexium which gave me side affects. Tell what are your gerd symptoms. I have been seeing a gasterologist and I had some extensive testing except for the endoscopy. Because I still to this day do not know exactly what is wrong with me it brought on alot of anxiety and panic attacks. My pain is very real but my gasterologist is starting to think this is all in my head. I may have gerd - I had my gallbladder removed and all this acid started to come up my throat and I also have nausea and pain where my gallbladder used to be. An xray showed nothing, h-ployria showed nothing, liver enzymes are fine, and my pancritus is fine. So this is some mystery illness I have.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
I too cannot take nexium which gave me side affects. Tell what are your gerd symptoms. I have been seeing a gasterologist and I had some extensive testing except for the endoscopy. Because I still to this day do not know exactly what is wrong with me it brought on alot of anxiety and panic attacks. My pain is very real but my gasterologist is starting to think this is all in my head. I may have gerd - I had my gallbladder removed and all this acid started to come up my throat and I also have nausea and pain where my gallbladder used to be. An xray showed nothing, h-ployria showed nothing, liver enzymes are fine, and my pancritus is fine. So this is some mystery illness I have.
gigi i have awful gerd, my symptoms are bad heartburn,nausea,strong pressure on chest,my chest and ribs have been very soar,acid coming up in my mouth,cough and anxiety. i have read gall bladder removal has caused problems like yours, get a endo that is the true way to find pyloria my doc took a biopsy, bloodwork is not 100% also try prilosec till the doc gives u something else if u haven't taken anything yet.

Closed Thread