It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
(female)

madamfroglegs HB User
Unhappy heartburn from hell

I get heartburn every night. Approx. once a week, it gets so bad, I throw up. I have tried so many things, it's ridiculous. I practically LIVE on Tums, Rolaids and OTC stuff.Lately, I have a cough that won't quit, too. I'm wondering if I might be damaging my throat with all the acid.I notice that if I turn over at night, even if it's not bothering me at the time, that it immediately gets bad! Since I have no health insurance, I can't just go to to doctor. I've tried Prilosec, too, and for about 2 weeks, it was great!!! Then things went south again. I can't stand this crap. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in ages! I need some sleep!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
(female)

michmob HB User
Re: heartburn from hell

The only thing that works for me is Gaviscon, Ive tried Losec, Zoton and I'm currently trying out Nexium

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2009, 03:37 AM   #3
(female)

Camembert HB User

Aww, that really sucks. Mine happens when I'm trying to sleep too, and it is so.very.frustrating.

At the moment I'm trying to take honey in hot water, kind of like tea. It's worked for two nights so far.

I'm not sure what else might help you. I'll just send you some virtual hugs-heartburn all night is no fun at all.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

madamfroglegs HB User

Is the honey still working? I'll give anything a try! I was throwing up again last night! I even tried the old baking soda and water trick. Made me burp a lot, but that's it! This so sucks!

Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
(female)

Camembert HB User

If I take it 30 minutes to an hour after eating, and then don't eat anything else, it helps. The last two nights have been solidly reflux-free.

Closed Thread