It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

Zoe26 HB User
Digestive Enzymes????

has anyone here had any success getting off ppis and using natural methods like digestive enzymes? do they help with acid reflux or lpr?

i saw some at gnc and vitamin shoppe today and have been recommended some from an online shop, but has this worked for anyone and can you recommend some specific digestive enzymes? also do probiotics help at all or is that completely unrelated?

any advice and suggested greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Zoe26; 05-13-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

bixa525 HB User
Re: Digestive Enzymes????

Hi, I take 2 digestive enzymes with each meal I eat. I also take 2 probiotics at 2 seperate times during the day and since I have started this regimen my gerd/reflux is almost non-existent. I don't know how this works but it does.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
(female)

Zoe26 HB User

Recommend any specific brands or store?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:04 AM   #4
(female)

Kellir HB User

I take probiotics, I think everyone with stomach probs should take them. Right now Im trying out Acidophilus Pearls, you can get them at walmart. Its probably too early to tell but I think theyre helping.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
(female)

Zoe26 HB User

Can you be on them while on medications like Kapidex or will it defeat the purpose / have bad interactions?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
(female)

bixa525 HB User

I was taking Protonix for acid reflux and stopped them completely since they weren't helping me anyway. I started with the digestive enzymes and probiotics and after one week I no longer had the bad acid reflux and the longer I go on with this regimen the better I feel. Just remember to take the digestive enzymes with every meal and then the enzymes twice a day. The digestive enzymes I take are called NSI Mega Digestive Enzymes with Pancreatin 10X(buy at * removed *) and also the Probiotic is called I-Flora which I (buy at * removed *). If you are going to try the supplements I would slowly wean off of the Kapidex and then start with the enzymes and probiotics. Good luck! I hope you get the relief I got.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-16-2009 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Please don't post links and/or instructions regarding commercial websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

I totally agree! Go with digestive enzymes and probiotics! It is the way to go! Also, try getting some water pills or water drops to make all your water that you drink alkaline. You will be amazed at how you feel.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
(female)

Zoe26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha1061 View Post
I totally agree! Go with digestive enzymes and probiotics! It is the way to go! Also, try getting some water pills or water drops to make all your water that you drink alkaline. You will be amazed at how you feel.
What do you mean water pills or water drops? Aren't water pills like diuretics that get the salt out of your body?

How do I make all the water I drink alkaline? I just drink bottled Poland Spring.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #9
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

No, no, not those kinds of water pills, sorry for the confusion. Go to your nearest health food store or stores that sell organic things, ask them for water pills or water drops, some carry both, the water drops you actually put into the water you drink, the water pills you just take with water. it makes all the water you drink and the water in your body alkaline. Which is very important, especially for people who have acid reflux, but it is good for everyone and makes everything in your body function better.
I hope this clears things up.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
(female)

Zoe26 HB User

Does anyone know if it's ok to be on Kapidex (or anything like Nexium) and digestive enzymes at the same time?

Also, once you start taking digestive enzymes, is it something you'd probably have to take for the rest of your life? As in, your body will get used to it and need it to continue functioning properly.

Closed Thread