It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

mlg522 HB User
are these from having acid reflux????

Hi everyone. New here. Going to try to make this short - I've had acid reflux for 7 years, but not too serious. Take Nexium off and on. Have had pains in my chest and thought I was having a heart attack, not knowing that it was just heartburn. Thursday afternoon my chest started to hurt - felt like short sharp stabs all over my chest. I've felt this before, so didn't think anything of it, took some Malox. Later that day, felt a sharp stab just on the upper left side of my chest. And when breatihing in would hurt slightly. I also felt lightheaded. Now I've been having allergy problems and also have anxiety due to an IUD (another story!). But basically I am worried about the chest pain. The way it lingered and was centered in the one spot on my upper left chest made it different thatn before. The next day felt a little better, but the chest pain almost feels like muscle, but sometimes it will hurt when I'm just sitting doing nothing. Today my chest doesn't hurt as much but I am extremely tired. I feel like I could fall asleep and that I have to drag myself around to get anywhere. So long story short, chest pain on top of allergies??(lightheaded and headache) or could this all be related to acid reflux?? I've had 2 stress tests done, when my anxiety kicked in when I thought I was having a heart attack but it was really heartburn. Dr says my heart is fine. This chest pain just feels different. Makes me nervous. Thanks for any input, hope this wasn't too confusing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: are these from having acid reflux????

The chest pain is most likely esophageal spasms, they mimic a heart attack. I have had them for years, they are not nice especially when they wake you n the night. You can get a muscle relaxer for this, also, when having them, (I know it sounds crazy)but eat soda crackers, for some reason it helps. Take care...

Sunny

Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

mlg522 HB User
Re: are these from having acid reflux????

Thank you for the advice!

Closed Thread