It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
(male)

bwirtz HB User
constantly belching

Five months ago I went to the doctor complaining of a pressure on my chest when I exert myself. He thought it was my heart and ordered a series of tests ALL concluding that it was not my heart. All during this time, I belch constantly especially during exertion. A friend told me he has the same symptoms and he said it was a hiatal hernia. Is it or could it be it something else? I am going to a gastro doctor in two weeks.

Last edited by bwirtz; 05-17-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: constantly belching

Belching can be a symptom on acid reflux. Seeing a Gastroenterologist is a good next step to find out if you really do have a reflux problem. You can have reflux without a hiatal hernia and have hiatal hernias without reflux. Most of the time hiatal hernias are asymptomatic. Your GI doc will be able to talk to you about any hiatal hernia possibility in addition to reflux possibilities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #3
(male)

bwirtz HB User
Re: constantly belching

thanks for your response. Since I am seeing the doc in two weeks, what is the best course of action besides trying to get rid of the acid reflux, exercise? medications? food?

Closed Thread