It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
(male)

statistic101 HB User
Natural Acid Reflux Remedies...

managed to collate a list of possible natural treatments for me to try out. Thought I'd post it here in case someone else also finds it useful.

Dygestive Enzymes
Probiotics
Vitamin B (B2,B3,B6)
Raw Honey: 2 Table Spoons in the morning and 2 at bed time
Aloe Vera Juice
Calcium and Magnesium
Apples
Apple Cider Vinigar
Gluten Free Diet
Low Carb Diet
Baking Soda & Water

---

Going to attempt a ACV and Probiotic combo from tomorrow onwards. From my research, both seem to show up consistently as a good means of dealing with it. Been trying Vitamin B and Calcium combo for a week now... no visible improvements as of yet.

Last edited by statistic101; 05-21-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
(female)

mocha1061 HB User
Re: Natural Acid Reflux Remedies...

Question, my son is taking some of these items, and yes, they are working for him, is it necessary for him to take ALL of these items, or just what works for him?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
(male)

statistic101 HB User

mocha1061, i've just listed the different suggestions i've come across in the various boards and web pages. What i've come across often is people taking dual remedies i..e ACV and honey etc.

Been trying ACV and probiatics for the last few days. My acid reflux is seeming to have gotten worse , going to give it a few more days before i conclude that it's not for me.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
(female)

Camembert HB User

I'm trying active manuka honey and it is actually working. With the heartburn part, at least!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

I hear that the probiotics takes a little while for system to adjust to them. they can cause some bloating and maybe gas, but you are supposed to stick with it, because it is actually your system trying to get back to normal after running abnormally for so long. Eventually you are supposed to start feeling Great!
The ACV did not work at all for my son. in fact it made matters worse. So he does not take that any longer.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
(male)

roman75 HB User

I had horrible acid refluxI was on Acifix for 2 years. I have been doing ACV for over a year now I am totally cured. I promise you this works. Take a tablespoon of raw unfiltered ACV ( Braggs) immediatly in the morning on an empty stomach and chase w/ a green drink. I use Jon Barrons Private Reserve Superfood which to me is the best tasting. I mix it w/ organic apple juice. The green drink has probiotics, enzymes & more nutrients then you body can imagine.

Last edited by roman75; 05-30-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
(female)

Zoe26 HB User

Does anyone know if you start taking digestive enzymes or probiotics, feel better...would I have to continue taking them forever? Or can I stop eventually? I wanted to know if I stopped, would my digestion get worse, meaning my body would start to depend on the digestive enzymes to work? Cause my ultimate goal is to not have to take a million pills a day, whatever they are. So I would live to start taking some of these, get better, eventually stop and remain better...is that possible?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

I have other sources that i get information from, and I asked about taking the enzymes and probiotics forever, or just for a while. They told me that unfortunately yes, you do have to take them indefinitely, or your symptoms will come back. But that they in no way harm you, they are actually very good for you.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

Hello,

What do you all consider Probiotics? I mean that is a pretty general term, right? Yakult, and Dannon Activia are probiotics, right? Are you referring to a specific pill form or company?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #10
(male)

statistic101 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trymester View Post
Hello,

What do you all consider Probiotics? I mean that is a pretty general term, right? Yakult, and Dannon Activia are probiotics, right? Are you referring to a specific pill form or company?

Tablet form probiotics, from my reading, is supposed to be stronger (and cheaper!).

Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #11
(male)

Digerati HB User

I just started taking 6mg Melatonin and 500mg L-Tryptophan /w B6 every night before bed. Hasn't been long enough just yet to report any results, but has anyone else tried this?

Old 07-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

Not sure I am allowed to say this, but I got all my probiotics from Blue Rock Holistics. Just look it up on the internet. it will be the answer to all your prayers!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #13
(female)

angelee12 HB User

What digestive enzymes do you take? My stomach is sensitive to any medicines so I prefer liquid. Any suggesstions?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
(female)

mocha1061 HB User

Well, the ones I take are in pill form, but they are from a health food store that sells all organic foods. they are called Digest Gold. You probably can get them at any place that sells vitamins or health food products. they are all natural, not medicine.

Closed Thread