It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

popprincess18 HB User
Is this acid reflux?

Hi, I'm new here.

The first time I ever got heartburn was this year, in January, right after I went through the deaths of two of my pets within a week of each other. I only got it once, then it disappeared for a couple months. Well, about a month ago it came back and I had heartburn almost all day for about a week. I finally tried some Prilosec OTC and it worked like a charm. But when I went off it, the heartburn came back. I asked my doctor and he said to take the Prilosec for another month, so I am, and it's working. I mean, I feel a little burn every once in a while, but I barely notice it. Is this just acid reflux, which I'm going to have to manage like this for the rest of my life? I'm only 22!!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Is this acid reflux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by popprincess18 View Post
Hi, I'm new here.

The first time I ever got heartburn was this year, in January, right after I went through the deaths of two of my pets within a week of each other. I only got it once, then it disappeared for a couple months. Well, about a month ago it came back and I had heartburn almost all day for about a week. I finally tried some Prilosec OTC and it worked like a charm. But when I went off it, the heartburn came back. I asked my doctor and he said to take the Prilosec for another month, so I am, and it's working. I mean, I feel a little burn every once in a while, but I barely notice it. Is this just acid reflux, which I'm going to have to manage like this for the rest of my life? I'm only 22!!
I can relate. I am 22 and I showed signs of heartburn, or LPR which is silent heartburn, just before I began school in January. For me, this came out of nowhere... it was the first time I had heartburn. I am on medication and it is gone.

If your doctor thinks its heartburn and the medication is working... I see no reason to think it is not heartburn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2009, 05:34 AM   #3
(female)

popprincess18 HB User
Re: Is this acid reflux?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues1986 View Post
I can relate. I am 22 and I showed signs of heartburn, or LPR which is silent heartburn, just before I began school in January. For me, this came out of nowhere... it was the first time I had heartburn. I am on medication and it is gone.

If your doctor thinks its heartburn and the medication is working... I see no reason to think it is not heartburn.
Thanks.

Closed Thread