It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

karate_mom HB User
Swallowing food hurts in my chest

Does anyone know why the chest hurts when food isgoing down? I am doing ok, as far as the GERD, and very little heartburn, but I have had bad foods, like hot sauce, collard greens, etc. I think I have a hiatal hernia. I feel like when I swallow the food, it takes longer than normal to go down. It kind of hurts. I am EXTREMELY filled with anxiety lately, due to alot of stress from taking care of my dad who has alzheimer's. Does anyone have this problem?

Thanks for you input!

(I have never had scope.....dr. guessed I had gerd, or dyspepsia.

Last edited by karate_mom; 05-21-2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: The chest hurts, not the food. Ooops

Old 05-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
(female)

LindaSueBob HB User
Re: Food hurts in my chest when going down

Hi, this is one of my problems as well. I have had heartburn too for about ten years. Finally they did a hida scan for gall bladder and I ended up at 17% so they are taking out my gall baldder. Surgeon said to do a bravo capsule and Esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD as well. So I just got the results today. My DeMeester or Demeester score is 51.8 and normal is 14.72 so they are also going to do a fundoplication at the same time. I hear recovery is going to be awful as I am having both at the same time, the laparoscopic cholecystectomy and the fundoplication. Maybe your Doctor needs to do the bravo capsule test. I do have a hiatal hernia as well which contributes to the gerd and awful feeling when swallowing. The bravo capsule was quick and under sedation. It felt like I was being stabbed tho every time I swallowed food, it hurt like heck. I sure knew when it fell off. Good luck with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread