It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Foods not on GERD diet list, but maybe can be?

How do nuts (almonds specifically) fit into a GERD diet plan? I see the list of GERD foods and I don't see them mentioned anywhere. Actually, there are alot of foods I don't see mentioned there. How does lettuce, tofu, olive oil, etc. fit into a GERD diet?

What other foods that are not on any lists have you been able to eat?

Last edited by moderator2; 05-28-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Foods not on GERD diet list, but maybe can be?

I don't have a list, I'm guessing either the doctor gave you one or you searched the web.

For me, I just avoid spicy foods meaning that I eat a bland diet. I eat steamed vegies and salads but don't use dressing or sauces. It gets kind of boring though. Then I eat skim versions of milk, cheese, etc., and I never eat fast food or fried foods. I eat lowfat meals. I don't eat meat either because I'm vegetarian.

Everyone is different but so far as long as I don't eat fatty foods/meat which takes longer to break down in your stomach, and eat bland versions of vegie dishes I'm ok. I eat some nuts but they have alot of natural fat which takes longer to break down in the stomach. I eat lettuce with my salads or sandwiches.

Also I eat smaller meals because when I get real full then I start having stomach problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Re: Foods not on GERD diet list, but maybe can be?

Thanks for the reply,

I was going along based on a list I saw online. It's does get pretty boring and bland to try to stick to such a diet. I just wish things were more clear cut too, but I guess everyone's body is different. I guess it's just crazy because it seems like 1 day I was able to eat tomatoes, onions, garlic, etc. and then the next day I'd developed GERD and was having difficulty with these foods.

Apples are on the GERD diet, but I don't really like apples, I wonder if Pears or close enough?

Closed Thread