It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

Camembert HB User
Talking A week without heartburn!

I have now officially gone a week without any heartburn problems. This is because I've started taking active manuka honey (UMF 10+). Before this, I had it pretty much every night, but now I am freee! (God, this sounds like a sendup of Amazing Grace, doesn't it!)

So, yes. I recomment active manuka honey. You will know the honey, and the honey will set you free.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
(female)

Panicking HB User
Re: A week without heartburn!

That sounds great! Good for you But the UMF +10, is this a pill or what? Thanks for sharing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #3
(female)

Camembert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicking View Post
That sounds great! Good for you But the UMF +10, is this a pill or what? Thanks for sharing!

Well, UMF means 'unique manuka factor'. There's regular manuka honey, and manuka honey with UMF. Apparently, the higher the UMF, the greater the healing benefits.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
(female)

bilybowl HB User

I too have been experiencing severe heartburn. So, where might I find this type of honey? An organic type grocery store, maybe!

Old 06-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
(male)

sparkyireland HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camembert View Post
I have now officially gone a week without any heartburn problems. This is because I've started taking active manuka honey (UMF 10+). Before this, I had it pretty much every night, but now I am freee! (God, this sounds like a sendup of Amazing Grace, doesn't it!)

So, yes. I recomment active manuka honey. You will know the honey, and the honey will set you free.
Please tell us more, I am about to order some. How do you eat it etc. And how bad were you before you tried this etc.

Many thanks

Edit :

Just ordered +15 500g. I will try anything I just noticed UMF +25, I guess that is strong.

Last edited by sparkyireland; 06-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

My friend tried that but it didn't do much for her, guess it is like anything else, what works for one may not work for another. Me, been heartburn free for 3weeks thanks to Nexium and I know I'll have another flare up, maybe I'll try the honey see what it does for me.

Last edited by NancyH; 06-09-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
(female)

Camembert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilybowl View Post
I too have been experiencing severe heartburn. So, where might I find this type of honey? An organic type grocery store, maybe!

I got it at the local supermarket, but I'm in New Zealand, where manuka honey is native. I'm not sure how easy it is to come across in other countries.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
(female)

Camembert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyireland View Post
Please tell us more, I am about to order some. How do you eat it etc. And how bad were you before you tried this etc.

Many thanks

Edit :

Just ordered +15 500g. I will try anything I just noticed UMF +25, I guess that is strong.
I have a spoonful before going to bed, or I put it on a piece of toast.

Before taking honey, I had heartburn to varying severity, but it was pretty much every night, and since taking it the heartburn has been very minimal, and many nights I haven't had it at all.

UMF +25 is the strongest rating I've seen.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #9
(male)

sparkyireland HB User

I have been sucking this honey like im starved and its the last big mac on the planet

Must say that the taste is fine, I am taking about 5 spoon fulls a day, that is only the last 2 days though, so obviously I dont expect any miracles just yet, but will be sure to post any changes.

Cheers

Closed Thread