It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

vegas96 HB User
Need someone to talk to about LPR

I was diagnose a year ago with LPR and I am having a really hard time dealing with it. My doctor says it is not severe enough to have the surgery because with diet and medication it is under control. I can't image living the rest of my life eating nothing but bland food and once in awhile giving it a little kick. I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down. My husband and I have a shore house that we go to on the weekends after a long work week and hangout with friends, go to dinner, and have a few drinks. And now I hate to go because I can't relax, go to dinner, and have a few glasses of wine like I use to. How do you handle going to social events and on vacation when you need to stick to such a strict diet and only cheat occasionally without going overboard. Is there anyone out there feeling the same way, has some food tips, good recipes, or a diet plan that they follow that might help me deal with this. I really need someone else to talk to that has LPR.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Need someone to talk to about LPR

Welcome to the club! I am so sorry that you are going through this too. I have the same problem. It makes it REAL hard to socialize and enjoy food and wine etc...with friends. Most of the good things are or have been cut out of the diet. I do cheat because I can't stand to be like that all the time. I have to have a little enjoyment. Mine can be controlled with diet and Prevacid, that I am currently taking. But I don't know what the real answer is. I have only had this condition a little over a year. I am praying for a cure! I have a nurse practioner that is testing my digestive track from a bunch of things, I am going to be taking 3 digestive enzymes that I bought from her with each meal after we test my saliva and some samples from the other end. (yuck) But maybe we can get it figured out. My goal is to go off prescription meds and completely control it with enzymes and diet. And of course reducing my stress levels which are out of control. I blame the fact that I am 44 and going through perimenopause (which does effect your digestive track with all the changes going on) and the fact that my husband and I may be losing our home to foreclosure by Oct. It's kind of impending doom that's always bothering me. When we get through this stressful time perhaps I kind find some healing.

I don't know all your factors but I pray you can find healing in your body and that you will be able to enjoy the gift of food that God has given us. I don't think people realize that until it has been taken away. God Bless!

Here to talk anytime!

Last edited by TEdds83; 06-19-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

If I go to a party or out I'll eat and drink whatever I want and pay the price later. What point is living without any fun?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Yes I have to agree. I do the same thing. It'd friday night and I had a few things I wanted. Not feeling so hot. But I can't eat bland every single day of the week.

Closed Thread