It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Horrible feeling

Today I had a bout of heartburn that was really bad. It started off gradual and withing about 15 minutes it had gotten so bad i was almost sick.

It came in waves. I took gaviscon tablets then 2 zantac together , then in desperation as i hate it , i drank some milk (yuk).

It seemed to ease off but ive not felt like eating since.

Then tonight i had a coughing fit which felt like something in my throat, that went away after a drink of water.

I had this problem about 2 years ago when i was overweight, then i lost weight and didnt have it again. Ive put back on th eweight again, and its back, i suppose i answered my own question and that is to lose weight, but its so hard, and what can i do to alleviate this awful heartburn please?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Horrible feeling

HI worrybucket, I am so sorry you are feeling bad. I had a similar issue today. I had real bad reflux this afternoon. I had eaten something that I think set it off. All of the sudden I felt real bad. I took my Prevacid and some Tums. I am still dealing with it.

I hope you are feeling better. I have to loose weight too, I know it would help. Its just SO hard. Hang in there ok!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Horrible feeling

While i was away at the weekend we went out for dinner and i ate fairly late (big mistake)

I propped myself up on high pillows but still about 2 hours after i fell asleep i was woken just about to choke on this burning sick tasting liquid in my throat, that immediately caused me to have a sore throat. I know this i sacid reflux, but its horrible. I really need to lose weight as this only happens whe i gain weight, does it mean my fat stomach is pressing on my stomach shphincter that stops food coming back up into my gullet?

Closed Thread