It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Feeling horrific tonight!

Hi all....I am feeling so rotten tonight. I was doing pretty good today ealier on. I took my Prevacid and was still having mild reflux. But it was managable.
The doctor put me on some Iron supplements and I am wondering if they are doing me in. On Sunday I took one and felt bad. I just kind of brushed it off. But I skipped the past 3 days and didn't take any. Then I took one late afternoon. My husband and I went out for a sandwich. I had a turkey sandwich but it had a strange green basil sauce on it and a vinegarette. Dear God I should have had them hold it. So I don't know if it was the Iron pill or the sauce but I feel like I could die!! Seriously!! My stomach hurts so bad!! I wish I could vomit and maybe I would feel better. I already had my Prevacid earlier so I can only eat Tums. Any idea's?? I am not sure if it's the flu. It feels like it. I have no fever. But I am shaky and dizzy. I just want this to pass.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Feeling horrific tonight!

Do you have any gaviscon, Zantac or Maalox? You can take those with PPI's. Not sure about with the Iron.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I think I have Zantac, Pepcid and Tums aside from the Prevacid. I have a feeling I will be up all night. Never had it quite this bad. I am scared. It's got to be the Iron, those two sauces, or a combination of both. You should see my stomach. It looks like it is blown up. So tender to touch...expecially at the top. It feels like if I could just throw up I would feel better. Have you ever had a bad reaction to Iron pills?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I haven't taken iron supplements so I can't help you out there.

Was it a basil pesto sauce? That can be pretty high in fat. Those high fat items can certainly flare reflux.

It's more psychosomatic, but in the past when I had tummy troubles, a heating pad or one of those ice gel pads have helped a bit.

You might want to sleep sitting up or propped up if lying down makes things worse.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes! It was basil pesto sauce from Quizno's. Grrrrh! Big mistake. I wasn't even thinking. I had felt fairly ok. so I went ahead with it. I feel sick as a dog!! I have been praying alot right now. I will keep sucking on the Tums. I had had diarrhea so its going out the other end. This did NOT agree with me and my system is very irritated and angry. I do have a nice heating pad, and ice packs. Not sure which on would feel better....but I can try. Thanks for caring about me and for the advice. Ya live and learn right? Tonight was a bad choice for me....

Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Sometimes you can eat something and be perfectly fine, other times, reactions like that. Sooooo frustrating.

Hope you feel better soon.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks MountainReader! God Bless you!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
(female)

Camembert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainReader View Post
Sometimes you can eat something and be perfectly fine, other times, reactions like that. Sooooo frustrating.

Hope you feel better soon.
Yeah, it can be very hit and miss. TEdds83, I hope you feel better soon *hugs*. There are few things more exasperating than playing Russian roulette with one's stomach.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

First of all stay away from that place you ate - everyone of their items is so fattening!

Old 07-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I must be under bad stress....I waited weeks to have a coke. This afternoon a made a little tiny one with a smidge of coconut rum in it for just a treat. I have been in the bathroom on and off for over an hour. My intestines are just aching and the pain is bad as this has been like a real bad diaretic. I have to have no cheating at all.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

how come my parents have really bad reflux and they can drink. This is not fair.

Closed Thread