It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
(female)

silvercity09 HB Usersilvercity09 HB User
How do you manage your acid reflux?

I'm at wits end here....I've been having horrible acid reflux symptoms for about 1 yr now...and I just don't think I could deal with this anymore. None of my medications the doctors have prescribed me seem to work...I've tried hypnosis, massages, vitamins, aloe vera, therapists, changing diet etc...and still nada.

My two main problems are burning in the throat and burping!! I do get other minor symptoms but those don't bother me as much. I've done almost every test imaginable and they have come pack with positive for hpylori (which I can't treat at the moment due to a weight loss issue I experienced) mild gastritis and small hernia.

I am not taking any medication at the moment because well because NONE of them do anything for me.

I just want to know how you acid sufferers deal with this on a daily basis. Has it brought you down psychologically? Do you eat your recommended daily intake (calories etc)...are you letting this beat you or are you beating this horrible disease....pls give me some type of tips or advice before I go crazy....I could deal with anything but this!!! Is there hope??? At times I feel like there isn't and I just want to crawl under a rock and die....

Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
(female)

painter207 HB User
Re: How do you manage your acid reflux?

First of all you need to get a little pill for anxiety. How could you go on without getting anxiety? It really helps and helps with sleeping which I wasn't doing. Your mind gets fixed on one subject any time of the day and night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

All I can say is that you are not suffering alone. I am in the battle with you. I am sooo frustrated right now. I am on Prevacid and I still have the non stop mucus. My throat is swollen and tight and it is a constant reminder that I have a problem going on. Grrrrh! Yes, it's gets me down mentally. Just try to find people you can talk to on here and try to keep your chin up. Just know you are not alone.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

painter207 HB User

Ted...what are you eating? Let me know your diet and maybe we can come up with why you are having this flare up. Sorry if I asked this before but did you ever try Nexium?

Old 07-08-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
(female)

Camembert HB User

I've noticed a HUGE improvement after I started taking active manuka honey. Please don't die, silvercity. I know it's cheesy, but we're all in this together.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
(male)

night skies HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camembert View Post
I've noticed a HUGE improvement after I started taking active manuka honey. Please don't die, silvercity. I know it's cheesy, but we're all in this together.
When I was shopping today I saw some Manuka Honey on the shelves amongst all the different Honey's that were there. I knew of it as it's a New Zealand product from seeing it on tv here but didn't realise the healing properties of it till now. But thinking about it, I'm sure I heard about it's healing properties when I saw it on tv earlier this year but most likely was in one of my reflux-free periods and didn't bother to get any. Looks like I'll have to get it tomorrow. To what extent did you notice this huge improvement and how did you have the honey each day?

Closed Thread