It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
(female)

michmob HB User
Sick of this pain and anxiety

I'm lying here in pain, frozen with panic and not getting any relief from pain kil.lers and anti spasm drugs, my nerves are gone here, have tried everything for reflux and nothing works, can't go on with this is driving me mad. Panic attacks with pain and reflux. I'm going in for my third endoscopy on Tuesday, and I'm sure I'll get the usual nothing to see here result. At the end of my tether here need help please.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Sick of this pain and anxiety

Join the club - I have anxiety and panic over this whole situation. I get nausea, belching, bloating, and I have no idea what triggers it food wise. Nothing has worked for me and I get my first endoscopy tomorrow which I know they will say nothing is wrong. They been telling me this is all in my head which I don't enjoy bringing on nausea. I have almost every test and everything keeps coming back negative. I know how you feel, you just want your life back but anxiety and panic will make it worse. So try to be patient and I know it is hard to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
(female)

michmob HB User

Thanks gig, feeling much better today, going for the endoscopy tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you. Looking forward to my sedation lol

Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

good luck today and I will have mine today! I am actually excited about it because I hope they will find something so I can deal with it and then live on. When you don't know what is wrong it makes things worse. With time we will all find the answers.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #5
(male)

Cowpin8 HB User

I just wanted to share something with you guys and girls regarding endoscopies. I was having trouble swallowing food. The food was getting stuck in my esophagus and I would have to go the hospital to have the food removed while under anesthesia. This happened at least 5 times. When I went for my upper endoscopy the doctor took samples for biopsy. The results were a rare disease called "Eosiniphilic Esophagitis." You should ask your doctor about this. It is very rare so I went for a second opinion and it was confirmed. I also have GERD and IBS along with Depression/Anxiety.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
(male)

Decius HB User

As a temporary fix, I suggest buying Licorice root in powder form, mix it with water/milk and honey. It works very well for my partner.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

they found gastritis and bile - he won't give me a diagnosis till the biopsis come back is that normal.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #8
(female)

michmob HB User

Well they didn't take any biopsis from me because everything is normal, so back to square one for me. Its soooooooooooo frustrating

will try the liqorise root powder, I have to go back in 6 weeks.

Its normal to have to wait for biopsy results as they have to go to the lab.

Last edited by michmob; 07-14-2009 at 06:24 AM.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
(female)

angel011089 HB User

I started off having attacks ever so often these days I am bloated stomach always hurts now back is and the throat pains are bad I wish I knew how to fix all our pain if I find away ill let you know God bless you and my prayers are with us all these is a bad problem with no relief I dont understand it at all

Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
(female)

painter207 HB User

I have tried the GLC tabs and honey, but nothing helps the throat irritation. It never goes away. When will it go away???Anyone had experience with this and got relief?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #11
(female)

Camembert HB User

I'm very sorry you're in pain.

I find manuka honey helps a lot with my GERD and related pain. I'm also taking apple cider vinegar, which has worked well.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 AM   #12
(female)

angel011089 HB User

I will try the honey and vingar thanks for listen is your pain better and wat is it do you know yet or are you just guess like me thanks again I go in for a ulrtasound today i wish i had more hope i just do the test over and over but nothing but I guess I need to have a little more faith i have had these prob. since oct 07 its just getting worse I had my gallbladder taken out then and it was all down hill after that I sent you a friends request I hope you feel better your new friend angel

Old 08-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011089 View Post
I will try the honey and vingar thanks for listen is your pain better and wat is it do you know yet or are you just guess like me thanks again I go in for a ulrtasound today i wish i had more hope i just do the test over and over but nothing but I guess I need to have a little more faith i have had these prob. since oct 07 its just getting worse I had my gallbladder taken out then and it was all down hill after that I sent you a friends request I hope you feel better your new friend angel
I haven't been the same either since i had my gallbladder taken out. Gas, belching, back pain, indigestion.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
(female)

Camembert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011089 View Post
There was a noticable improvement when I started taking apple cider vinegar. So I think it definitely has a positive effect. It also helps with my constipation.

Manuka honey also has healing properties, especially the active manuka honey.

I still have to watch what I eat though. I pigged out a bit at a sleepover last night and now I am paying the price...

ETA: some apple cider vinegar seems to have taken care of that. For now.

Last edited by Camembert; 08-16-2009 at 01:38 AM.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
(female)

angel011089 HB User

i guess if you can pig out that good right lol sorry you paid for it later but I get like that I feel like I am just hungry lol I eat wat ever and hope for the best right well thanks for writing back your friend angel

Closed Thread