It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Endoscopy questions?

When they perform an endoscopy is it normal for the doctor not to give you a diagnosis until the biopsy comes back? Because he found bile in my stomach plus gastritis and some pink color in the lower stomach. When i asked what it is he said I have to wait for the biopsy. So why couldn't he just say Gastritis if it was found? or is there too many things that was happening like the bile backup is causing the gastritis??? It wasn't a whole lot of bile.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

michmob HB User
Re: Endoscopy questions?

I had my endoscopy today and this one is my third, somethings they can tell you straight away like you dont have cancer and ulcers but some things have to go to the lab to be tested, just as a side note, Ive had 3 endoscopies and this time my throat is really sore, is yours sore?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I've had 2 Endoscopies. They just told me things looked good and booked me to come back when my biopsy results were ready.

I have extremely severe reflux that wasn't reflected in either of my EGD's. Docs told me I must have a cast iron stomach and esophagus. It was the Barium testing that really showed the refluxing of the food and acid. The pH testing showed how often and the duration.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I have to lean on your doctor's word. If the results of the biopsy are important to the diagnosis (which they are, or they wouldn't take them), then all you can do is wait. Failure for your doctor to diagnose you without lab results does not mean your results are bad...far from it!

I got great news after my endoscopy, even after waiting for my biopsy results.

I would shift your focus from the wait time, to the amazing technology that you have available to you. The fact that you can even have such a procedure, that allows you the chance to catch things early, get great peace of mind, and have pictures of the whole thing...priceless!

I do wish you the best, I know waiting for medical things can be very trying. I know, only because I have done way too much of it, myself!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
I have to lean on your doctor's word. If the results of the biopsy are important to the diagnosis (which they are, or they wouldn't take them), then all you can do is wait. Failure for your doctor to diagnose you without lab results does not mean your results are bad...far from it!

I got great news after my endoscopy, even after waiting for my biopsy results.

I would shift your focus from the wait time, to the amazing technology that you have available to you. The fact that you can even have such a procedure, that allows you the chance to catch things early, get great peace of mind, and have pictures of the whole thing...priceless!

I do wish you the best, I know waiting for medical things can be very trying. I know, only because I have done way too much of it, myself!

I went to my primary care physician this evening to get a request for a cholesterol check and he had my biopsy report which he got today. This is unbelieveable and the gasterologist is making me wait till the 30th. It says fragments of gastric antral/oxyntic mucosa with mild nonspecific chronic gastritis. What does that mean?

Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Oh boy...I was wrong. My experience was way different. My biopsy results came within 72 hours. I'm sorry.

Last edited by writeleft; 07-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.

Closed Thread