It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
What a horrible gasterologist!!! i need an opnion!

I go to the gasterologist for nausea, dirreahea, bloating, because I had my gallbladder removed 8 months ago. Some these symptoms come and go. I had numerous test endoscopy, hployria test, blood profile test, MRCP xray which showed no signs of blockage. The endoscopy showed non-specific gastritis. Has nothing to do with my other symptoms so I am back to square one. He suggested a colonoscopy for colititis. What does everyone think, should I just forget anymore testing or should I do it??

I am thinking I have that problem that most people do when the gallbladder is removed and you get diarrehea. If I have colititis - I will just have to relax and not let people stress me out.

So I have given up on all these test!!

Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

angelee12 HB User
Re: What a horrible gasterologist!!! i need an opnion!

I too am having Erosive Gastritis. I had GB removed Aug 2006. I don't take anything other than PPI. I was on Nexium until last week. I am now on Kapidex which is suppose to be for erosive symptoms. Gastro doc doesn't know why. I have been having trouble for over a year now. I had a large ulcer last year, now my stomach is irritated with gastritis. I think I have Bile Reflux, because all this started with removal of GB. My stomach has been bleeding from the acid. So I know how you feel!! Good Luck. The doctors don't seem to care, they are not the ones having to suffer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Actually you have symptoms of gastritis
http://www.*****.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-gastritis

Are you taking a PPI or any antacids? I forgot I was diagnosed with gastritis a while back and a lot of my symptoms are due to that. The cramping I get, no, but the nausea and bloating, yes! I started taking Prilosec again and hope it helps.

If paying for a colonoscopy isn't a problem, then have it done to be sure nothing else is going on. If you are having PCS nothing is going to come of the tests. Just watching your diet, etc will help but as far as I can tell, nothing will fix it. They found "inactive inflammation" with me - what does that mean? Not a whole lot!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes my doctor doesn't care either - I am beginning to think it is bile reflux too because they did find a little bile in my stomach. I have diarrehea too. I went to the accupunture doctor today and it helps.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
(female)

angel011089 HB User

I have had problems for amost 2 years I had gb removed and evry thing went to hell sorry I have sharp pains feels like a heart attack thru my chest to the back and up to the thoart and sick to stomach sometimes it keeps me from living alot of reflux coming up thru the thoart lots of dr but not any answers can any one help me bloating as well and I have been treated for hpylori so I have no ideal Help me please

Old 08-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am now on Welchol which binds my bile and it helps most of my symptoms are gone - I still have occassional flare up but I can deal with it.

Closed Thread