It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

allsherote HB User
Is there anything

I can do to lessen the side effects of the PPIs? I guess I am going to have to go back on them. I am going to try Kapidex. The doc gave me enough samples for about 4-6 weeks I think. The other ones I tried made me very sick to my stomach and caused a combo of constipation and diahrea. I dread it but I have to get my throat healed or at least try before I lose my mind. I'm talking food here not herbal stuff other than maybe teas. Does it help to eat things that are high in fiber or does that hurt your stomach worse? I really need some advice because apparently this takes 8-16 weeks for the throat to heal and I work full time plus and have a child to take care of and I was so very sick while on Prilosec OTC and Zegherid. I think Zegherid made me sicker because it shot my BP up due to the sodium content. Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
(female)

painter207 HB User
Re: Is there anything

allshewrote...what are your symtems? I've had the constant soreness in my throat for a couple of month and I've been on Nexium for 6 weeks now. Since yesterday I actually noticed the pain is getting better. I said a thank you prayer because I too expected it to last 16 weeks. Does yours bother you when you speak? It;s so nice to be able to talk again without the constant stinging.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
(female)

allsherote HB User

My symptoms are: constant need to clear throat like gunk is stuck in there. Pretty much constant sore throat pain and my tonsils are red and irritated but not swollen and the back of throat behind my tonsils is sore and red. Looks like it has burns on it. And I have a nasal burning and stinging. It does hurt to talk sometimes and sometimes I am hoarse. I can always eat breakfast pretty well w/o getting the pain and then the major pain comes on after lunch. The only thing that soothes this is the netti pot rinses which the soloutions just so happen to have sodium bicarb in them which is in a lot of PPIs.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
(female)

painter207 HB User

Well, that sounds like me. The later in the day the more irrited it gets. Thankfully it doesn't hurt when I eat. Have you tried honey?

Closed Thread