HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acid Reflux / GERD (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/)
-   -   havent posted in awhile but my acid reflux is cured (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/acid-reflux-gerd/704735-havent-posted-awhile-but-my-acid-reflux-cured.html)

ttwarrior1 07-20-2009 02:15 PM

havent posted in awhile but my acid reflux is cured

no meds at all.

1. if you have acid reflux take apple cider vinegar, if you have to take it with water do so. For me it took almost a month, before it started to work

2. Start taking acidophilus, its enzymes that are good for digestion.

3. Do away with soft drinks and diet drinks, start drinking water, with lemon and cayenne pepper powder. It actually tastes great and i love it, and its also the natural cure for high blood pressure.

4. Start walking
or ride a bike

5. Start doing neck traction. I dont have a link or dont know how to describe it but its an apparatus you put over your head, you lean over the bed and have the 5 pound ball pulling your head back, its improves your neck posture and it really has helped me.

Thanks chris

allsherote 07-21-2009 11:29 AM

Re: havent posted in awhile but my acid reflux is cured

How much ACV did you take daily? What kind of Acodophilus do you take? I am very frustrated because I know anything I start will take a while to work and don't know if I should start a PPI or try the ACV. I am scared to try the ACV and not have it work and still be in the same spot I am on one month. The other PPIs I have tried really made me sick. I have some Kapidex but haven't started it yet. My symptoms are more LPR. Burning throat, mouth and nasal passages and always needing to clear my throat. Thanks.

allsherote 07-21-2009 11:31 AM

Also did ACV allow the burns to heal?

Camembert 08-08-2009 03:05 AM

I'm taking apple cider vinegar. I'll tentatively say that it helps. I've been taking it 2 days, and both times it has worked. I'm a bit wary though, because I've heard both very good and very bad things about it.

painter207 08-08-2009 05:48 AM

I guess the important question here again is...will it heal a burning throat? Anyone had luck with that?

Stardazed 08-23-2009 08:58 PM

Yes that is the question........will it heal a burned throat and make it stop burning when the acid comes up? I have been drinking pickle juice as it tastes better than ACV but the sides effects are undesirable.....so am bumping this up, hopefully

Camembert 08-23-2009 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=Stardazed;4063668]Yes that is the question........will it heal a burned throat and make it stop burning when the acid comes up? I have been drinking pickle juice as it tastes better than ACV but the sides effects are undesirable.....so am bumping this up, hopefully[/QUOTE]

It doesn't stop the burning, but it helps digest the food.

Stardazed 08-24-2009 06:32 AM

Ok is there a miracle cure for the burning? I had it so bad last night I wanted to die (almost) My husband took down a bottle of Chloraseptic sorethroat spray and I can almost say that it took it away maybe 80 % and that is good, as anyone knows that that is the longest half hour of your life when it's burning like it does. At least it feels like a half hour or more.

Anyone else know of any cure for the burning?

painter207 08-24-2009 02:53 PM

I have had the burning throat for over three month and have tried everything.
My ENT has now started me on 2 Nexium a day. So far it's the fifth day and nothing has changed.

Camembert 08-26-2009 03:46 AM

[QUOTE=Stardazed;4063821]Ok is there a miracle cure for the burning? I had it so bad last night I wanted to die (almost) My husband took down a bottle of Chloraseptic sorethroat spray and I can almost say that it took it away maybe 80 % and that is good, as anyone knows that that is the longest half hour of your life when it's burning like it does. At least it feels like a half hour or more.

Anyone else know of any cure for the burning?[/QUOTE]

I'm really sorry you were in so much pain. :( It really, really sucks. I take honey to help the burning.