It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

Zoe26 HB User
Cat Scan?

I've done an endoscopy which showed no signs of any reflux but still feel nausea time to time, have done many tests, which all come out negative.

Anyone here do an endoscopy and not find anything, only to do a Cat Scan of the esophagus and find a hiatal hernia? I'm starting to think that's what I might have and it just hasn't shown up on previous tests.

Would you recommend a CT?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Cat Scan?

I can't speak to the CAT scan. I had a good Endoscopy with a Modified Barium Swallow & Esophagram that confirmed the reflux and hiatal hernia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
(male)

Cowpin8 HB User
Re: Cat Scan?

I have had both an Endoscopy and a Pelvic and Abdominal CT Scan. They both confirmed that I had a Hiatal Hernia. Usually medication is all that is needed for a Hiatal Hernia. Surgery is rare for this condition except if it is severe. They also found a left Inguinal Hernia on my Pelvic CT Scan. I had the Inguinal Hernia surgery 7-months ago and am still having pain in that area. I am going back to the surgeon in 3 days. I have had 2 Inguinal Hernia surgeries (1 on right side and 2 on left side) and a Hiatal Hernia. I take Prilosec for the Hiatal Hernia. I also have GERD.
Good Luck and I hope you feel better!!!

Closed Thread