It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
(female)

dewing HB User
Can acid reflux cause back pain on waking?

I'm 47, female and obese and suffer from acid refulx. I take Omeprazole every other night but i find my main problem is on waking in the mornings, i get back lower back pains which according to my GP can be related to my acid reflux. I have just ordered a special wedge pillow online for acid reflux sufferes and really hope this will help my symptoms. I also am trying to lose weight which i have been told by my GP that this will help my symptoms enormously. Has anyone gone through the same thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Can acid reflux cause back pain on waking?

Well from what I read gas travels throughout the body and it causes muscle spasms - that is why most people with acid reflux or gas they feel pain in the shoulder blades, and in the back. I am 125 lbs overweight and still losing but when I wake up I feel pain in the back and in the knees. I know when I lose weight the pain will go away. I have excess bile because I have no gallbladder but if I lose weight I won't have all that excess weight putting pressure on my stomach. Imagine this, fat put strains on all your organs. It crushes your stomach. So I am done with feeling this way and striving to get healthy. Do you walk? Walking really helps.

Last edited by gigi11; 07-28-2009 at 06:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
(female)

dewing HB User

thanks for your reply. I don't do as much walking as i should do but sometimes i do but i am thinking of going on the Cambridge Diet as i really do need to lose weight desperately and i have been trying all my life and tried every single diet going but have never managed to lose more than a few pounds. I think a good weight loss for me would help my symptoms with acid reflux.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

It would make a huge difference - how about Michael Thurman Diet look him up - that is what I do. Your local hospital offers support groups you should look that up.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Do any of you get muscle twitches or heart palpatations from this that you know of? Just wondering.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
(female)

painter207 HB User

Yes, When I started with the reflux thing the heart palpitations came on with a venjence. For some reasons that can go hand in hand. Now that the acid reflux has been pretty much controled with Nexium they disapeared. Has something to do with the Vegus nerve I believe.

Closed Thread