It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Nexium in the morning "exactly"?

Do you guys take your 1 Nexium first thing in the morning? Or do you at least have 1 glass of water before the glass with which you take the Nexium? I ask because I've developed a habit of drinking some water in the morning and having a bowel movement. I don't want to take the pill with my first glass of water, because then I'm afraid I might excrete the Nexium.

Am I being paranoid here, or is their something to what I'm asking?

Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Nexium in the morning "exactly"?

If you are paranoid of when to take the nexium before or after the bowel movement, you may want to wait until after you have the bowel movement.

I take mine with my noon meal. Do what works best for you,

Be Well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User

I take mine first thing in the morning with my first glass of water. I would imagine that it would take some time for Nexium, or anything else for that matter, to get right through the system!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

My gastro doc and Pharmacist both recommend 1/2 hour before breakfast (or 1/2 hour before dinner if taking twice per day). I'd evaluate the timing of your routine. Also, if you have a good Pharmacist, they would be able to medically advise you the best.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

Thank You all for the replies. I Started taking it yesterday with my first glass of water. I Actually take it 1 hour before breakfast, I read somehwere that this is better than 1/2 an hour before breakfast. I'm not sure whether most of you do 1/2 an hour or 1 hour before?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
(female)

eirrac HB User

I drink a glass of water for the same reason in the morning. Go ahead and drink the water, visit the bathroom, then take the Nexium, wait at least 1/2 hour, and have breakfast. No problem.

Closed Thread