It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Nexium is going well, but I need more

I've been on Nexium 40mg for about 8 days.

The good news is that it cleared up the problem of acidic bile shooting up into my throat and chest. I don't get that feeling anymore.

The problem is that it has not helped my burps at all. I Still burp alot after almost every single swallow. What other med can I take to control this?

Thanks for reading.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
(female)

painter207 HB User
Re: Nexium is going well, but I need more

Maybe something like Gas-X or something on that line. Nexium worked quickly for the things you mentioned but I still burp and have intestinal gas which is maddening. If I don't eat fruit. sugar or carbs I do not have that problem, but I lose too much weight on that kind of diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

I've always been thin and I lost 12-15 pounds throughout the last 6 months. This is no good. Other people are starting to notice it too. I need to put weight back on. I eat 3-4 times a day I eat fruits (no citrus), rice, vegetables, oats, chicken breast, tuna, bran flakes, yogurt, cheese, and that's pretty much it. I keep losing weight slowly though.

Do you take Gas-X for your gas? I can't imagine taking Numerous Gas-X pills every single day. Also, are you on nexium for life? Personally, I want to get off of this after 2-3 months.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

painter207 HB User

I have about 1 1/2 weeks left on a 3 month perscription Nexium, and then I'll have to call the ENT and see how we will proceed. I have no more symptoms, except for gassyness,,,and the sore throat. that's gotten better but not totally gone.
You don't have to take a lot of the Gas-X. they work pretty good. I just don't always take em.
I lost 27 # in a couple of moth. I ate yogurt like crazy and then I find out proteins are bad for reflux. Yes, that in cludes YOGURT and cheeses. Everybody was asking if I was o.k. I just wanted to yell and say "No, I have frieking acid reflux and it's ruining my life.So id burping the only problem now.....your lucky in my eyes.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

Burping is the only main problem right now. I have other slight pains that come and go in the abdominals, but I don't attribute those to Reflux. The only things I attributed to reflux are: acidic bile shooting up into my throat (which is done), burping, nausea in the morning (which most people have), etc. I will see how things will go within the next weeks.

I've been meaning to stop the yogurt and other milk products, but that will further limit my number of foods I can eat under my GERD diet.

I hope you can find a resolution. I went to a ENT to get a FEEST test, it revealed some signs of LPR, but I mostly go to the Gastro. for Acid reflux issues.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Are you sure you don't have the side effects from having the gallbladder taken out because all your symptoms are what I am going through. I belch all the time. I have some nausea in the morning.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
Are you sure you don't have the side effects from having the gallbladder taken out because all your symptoms are what I am going through. I belch all the time. I have some nausea in the morning.
I'm sorry. I've actually never had GB problems. I Was suspected of having them and even went through the HIDA scan w/ CCK and everything, but supposedly everything is fine. As of July 2009, my abdomen and pelvis are fine. I Still have reflux, gas, and pain, but supposedly everything is good physically.

Closed Thread