It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
(female)

painter207 HB User
stomach pain from Nexium?

Has anyone experienced stomach pain after starting Nexium? I've been on the drug a couple of month and it seems off and on I get pain under me left rib cadge. I never had that before. Also it seems my digestion is really slow on the drug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: stomach pain from Nexium?

I've been on every PPI on the market with no side effects. The exception to this for me was Nexium. Within a day, I started getting stomach cramping and diarrhea. I also got really bad heartburn. That was unusual too because I have "silent" reflux/ LPR and heartburn hadn't been one of my problems. My GI doc had me stay on the Nexium for a while anyway. He said I would adjust and that it was the best on the market. That was June of 2008. The diarrhea and stomach pain continued even after I stopped taking the Nexium. I have now officially been diagnosed with IBS. My doc says the Nexium wouldn't have done this. I don't believe him. My symptoms began within one day of beginning use of the Nexium. I didn't have any other changes at the same time.

By the way, I take the PPI's twice per day, except the Kapidex I currently take. It is a 60 mg delayed release dosage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

i've been taking nexium for quite awhile now.

No, i have not noticed discomfort since starting the nexium.

Is possibly something elso taking place, could be.

If it seems you are having problems with the Nexium, your doc may want you to try another medication.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

My husband had that problem on Prilosec so I certainly believe that you have bad side effects from Nexium. I can't take much of anything without side effects and doctors can disbelieve all they want but it is us that has to live with the pain of it all. But the good news is that you can switch from Nexium to Prilosec and give that a try(both are over the counter drugs).

Closed Thread