It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Anger and acid reflux

Does anyone else have their acid reflux flare up when being angry or emotionally upset??? Today I have been very angry about my house situation, (fighting to save our home from foreclosure) angry about my bad step daughter and her bad behavior and then I went off on my husband because of our problems and how he doesn't discipline his children. I felt my throat tighten up. The mucus is bad and its hard to swallow. I feel like I am right bad at square one with my reflux problem. Does anyone have this happen too?

Old 08-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Anger and acid reflux

I'm so sorry about your house. Stress can certainly trigger bad reflux episodes. It sounds like you certainly have a lot of stress happening right now. I'd imagine that your anger is acting the same as the stress does.

I'm not sure I can do much to help you with your stress, but do know that what you are feeling is normal. Unfortunately, reducing stess is the way to help decrease the symptoms. It doesn't sound like that will be happening for you for a while. Probably the best I can recommend is for you to find a couple minutes of "me" time to relax occassionally.

Good Luck,
MountainReader

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
(male)

kouli HB User

yes..stressful situations always trigger my reflux , managing stress (not easy) is just as important as managing diet for the acid reflux.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #4
(female)

RobinW HB User

yes anger or any type of stress flares mine up to, like now I feel terrible and I haven't had a acid reflux flare up in a while, Im on ranitidine and it works. But Im mad as hell at my husband so it's not working.

Last edited by RobinW; 08-22-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: spelled so as to

Old 08-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

Yes, stress can do a lot and can really make havoc on your stomach. Acid produces more when you have so much stress. Is there anyway you can take a walk and if you can b complex which can replenish the vitamin B you already lost. When you stress out you lose a lot of b vitamins in your body. Try some soothing tea and listen to soft music. I know it is hard but this will pass. Our bodies go through so much.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
(female)

karate_mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi11 View Post
Yes, stress can do a lot and can really make havoc on your stomach. Acid produces more when you have so much stress. Is there anyway you can take a walk and if you can b complex which can replenish the vitamin B you already lost. When you stress out you lose a lot of b vitamins in your body. Try some soothing tea and listen to soft music. I know it is hard but this will pass. Our bodies go through so much.

Hey, that is good advice, thank you...

karate mom

Old 08-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
(female)

karate_mom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdds83 View Post
Does anyone else have their acid reflux flare up when being angry or emotionally upset??? Today I have been very angry about my house situation, (fighting to save our home from foreclosure) angry about my bad step daughter and her bad behavior and then I went off on my husband because of our problems and how he doesn't discipline his children. I felt my throat tighten up. The mucus is bad and its hard to swallow. I feel like I am right bad at square one with my reflux problem. Does anyone have this happen too?
Hi there, I have read your posts in the pasts. We seem to have some things in common. I have 5 kids, which included two step-kids. 16 year old girl and 14 yr old boy. What trials I have with them!! My husband does the same thing at times. Then I have to discipline, then I am the bad guy. Well, my throat does the same thing. It tightens up really tight (Globus) It happens too, if I accidentally have regular coffee. If I go crazy and eat lots of salsa, and pasta sauce, I feel like i go back to square one also. I just got the worst indigestion and gassy feelings last week, I almost think its a bacterial thing though because a couple days before it hurt, I had sushi. But that day, I was worried I had a spot on my face, and was going to doc to check it out. It was fine, but in the meantime, I got so worked up I got a whole bout of the runs, and it al started from that point. The the doctor gave me lactulose and that helped because I got constipated after all that. Still have the gassy feeling with the gurgling too. Anyway, I hate the way I feel when it happens cause I always think the worst! I hope this, help. I think we both need to calm down, and learn some relaxation techniques!

Good luck, keep praying!

Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Thanks for your replies everyone! I just got back from a nice music vacation to Nashville. I am feeling much better and happier. I am however dealing with terriable allergies and that also has triggered the reflux. I am on all kinds of meds trying to dry up the gunk. I am weary of dealing with all this. It is hard and tiring. I also had a bad reaction to something I ate or drank in Nashville when I ordered room service. I broke out in hives and had to go on a search for some Benadryl. It was awful. I am allergic to more odd things the older I get. Just so weary of the battling of living sometimes...just being honest.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow. Hang in there everyone!

Old 09-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tedd83 - Glad you had a nice trip. Yes, I notice as I get older my immune system doesn't fight off what it used to fight off. I also notice certain antibiotics I have reactions to which I used to be able to take all the time. I truly believe it is either that gallbladder surgery I had or surgery itself. My anxiety could be doing it too. I tend to make a big deal out of a cold. I just got over a UTI and still feel I have it. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or if it is real. I finished the antibiotics. I hate having anxiety! Just take each day as it comes Tedd83 - you have to be strong and wake up positive - we can't dwell on negative and I know it is hard with all the stuff your dealing with sinuses and everything. I hate having sinus and allergy stuff going on.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tedd83 - One of side of antibiotics is depression and anxiety which I didn't know that and I noticed when I was on the antibiotics I was depressed. So if you ever have to take antibiotics for your sinuses that is why you may feel a little down.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
(female)

karate_mom HB User

Quote:
Tedd83 - One of side of antibiotics is depression and anxiety which I didn't know that and I noticed when I was on the antibiotics I was depressed. So if you ever have to take antibiotics for your sinuses that is why you may feel a little down.
The most common side effect for antibiotics is nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. I have never heard that depression and anxiety is a side effect.

Check it out on any medical site.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate_mom View Post
The most common side effect for antibiotics is nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. I have never heard that depression and anxiety is a side effect.

Check it out on any medical site.

I am reading the side effects from the brochure the pharmicist gave me plus my doctor even told me it can have those side effects most definitely Avelox.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
(female)

karate_mom HB User

Quote:
I am reading the side effects from the brochure the pharmicist gave me plus my doctor even told me it can have those side effects most definitely Avelox.
Wow, interesting. I will make sure to stick to the amoxicillin..(sp)
Maybe those others are strong. How horrible to take medicine to feel better and actually feel worse. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #14
(female)

painter207 HB User
Angry Re: Anger and acid reflux

I too have a UTI and I've got 6 pils to take and took the third one tonight and /i still feel like my bladder never really empties out. Ugh!
I've also been sneezing for days but don't seem to have a cold. I can't believe I may have allergies. Was never bothered by that. Just like AR where does all this come from? I wish I'd feel really good for just a day......

Old 09-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter207 View Post
I too have a UTI and I've got 6 pils to take and took the third one tonight and /i still feel like my bladder never really empties out. Ugh!
I've also been sneezing for days but don't seem to have a cold. I can't believe I may have allergies. Was never bothered by that. Just like AR where does all this come from? I wish I'd feel really good for just a day......

Yeah I am going to the doctors today to ask why I still feel I have one. The AZO test says negative but I will have her check it. It is weird it comes and goes???? I remember years ago I felt I had one and it kept testing negative and went to a urologist which he confirmed it was negative but it was all in my head because I was getting so many of them every other week.

Closed Thread