It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

libragrrl HB User
Does anyone else get this?

And if so, how do you deal with it? That awful regurgitation/nausea feeling where food or liquid feels like it's coming up into your throat and you feel on the verge of vomiting but can't. You just keep swallowing. It feels like it irritates my airways at the same time. And the pressure in your chest that makes it hard to breathe. Part of me wants it to just come out but at the same time I'm afraid it'll really burn because the only thing in my stomach right now is some Boost. I just end up pacing the apartment and staying near the bathroom, (which is what I was just doing because I'm having that feeling right now.) I'm kinda afraid to throw up because it's something I haven't done in years.
I just drank a couple sips of water with a pinch of baking soda in it a few minutes ago. I don't know if it may actually be helping a little or if it's just starting to subside on its own. I don't know if I should try drinking more or not. I still have the feeling. It's just not quite as bad. I wonder if Prevacid could cause this. I tried going off it for a couple days. The first day went well but the second day didn't, and I don't really know if it was because of being off the Prevacid or because I had eaten a couple spoons of nonfat cottage cheese, (I had to try it.)
I didn't have anything different today than I did yesterday (which is basically just Boost) and I felt fine yesterday. I hate how I'll feel decent one day, and the next day I'll feel like crap all day.
I still don't know what to try to eat that's going to sit well with me and go down my throat without a problem.
Okay...I guess I'm done complaining for now.
I try to be optimistic on the good days, but that doesn't seem to last for long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User
Re: Does anyone else get this?

yes, this is what is happening to me....please tell me you've had some relief. You are describing me exactly except i'm eating a little more.

Closed Thread