It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

ruth3 HB User
naturopath treatment for reflux

Has anyone had any success with alternative treatment for reflux, i.e. natureopathy?
ruth3

Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
(female)

tammykinz HB User
Re: naturopath treatment for reflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth3 View Post
Has anyone had any success with alternative treatment for reflux, i.e. natureopathy?
ruth3
no, but my friend can not tolerate any medications at all without getting very sick. she does natural methods. She eats a low acidic diet, head of bed elevated when sleeping, avoids caffeine. She eats alot of rice crackers and healthy organic foods. She had extremely severe heartburn. She had to have surgery for achalasia so she is more prone to reflux now because the opening to her stomach isn't closed all the way like it should be. she manages pretty well. She eats alot of oatmeal. i think there are dietary measures. Other alternative ways would be decreases stress and stuff. dont' think that helped you but you could try and visit and naturopath doctor and see what they recommend and let us know :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
(female)

interum HB User
Re: naturopath treatment for reflux

I haven't, yet, but if you go to the Digestive Disorders board, there is a "sticky" about GERDs that I just read. It is full of people sharing their stories about how magnesium has pretty much cured them of all the acid reflux & other pain associated with it, ie abdominal, back & chest pain.

I am personally at the point where I would do just about anything to make it go away, so I know where I'll be going when the health food stores open.

I have also read about "licorice root" and something that's made from it. That, too, it addressed in that particular board.

I hope that helps. I know how horrible it feels to suffer from this when NOTHING will make it go away...hence the reason I'm still away from last night. Good luck. There really is a lot of information there.

Closed Thread