It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

honeydiet HB User
Has Anyone Tried Tecta (pantoprazole magnesium)?

I just started Tecta yesterday and it's not working too well. The doctor said it was better than nexium but so far I disagree. Anyone have any experience with Tecta?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
Re: Has Anyone Tried Tecta (pantoprazole magnesium)?

Never tried that one but my doctor just had me try Kapidex and it's the best PPI I've ever taken. It is 60 mg. but it is time released and works all day. I take one before bed and my heartburn is totally gone. And believe me,,,I have had heartburn bad for about 25 years. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
(female)

tekolynne HB User

I have just started taking this yesterday. I am hoping that I feel better. After I eat its like a tennis ball sitting at the top of my stomach and wont move. I was on Pariet, but I just couldnt take the all day headaches. Was hoping to hear someone had been on it longer, for better report.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
(male)

Smsmitty1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Has Anyone Tried Tecta (pantoprazole magnesium)?

I had the same tennis ball feeling when eating 8 years ago. I had laser surgery which removed scaring caused by severe G.E.R.D. I was the put on pantaprazole sodium( pantaloc). it has been a wonder drug for the past 8 years keeping my acid under control completly. I have been switched to pantaprozole magnisium(tenca) about a month now and it too has total control of my acid. The tenca seems to work even a little better. With these drugs there is a build up time, a few days or so, in which time you may feel that it is not working but belive me it does. Try not to miss any doses, and carry an emegency pill two in case you forget to dose in the mornning. My acid returns very quickly if I miss a dose I feel it by about one or two pm. I always have an emergency pill with me. Good luck, I know what you are feeling.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
(female)

tekolynne HB User
Unhappy Re: Has Anyone Tried Tecta (pantoprazole magnesium)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smsmitty1 View Post
I had the same tennis ball feeling when eating 8 years ago. I had laser surgery which removed scaring caused by severe G.E.R.D. I was the put on pantaprazole sodium( pantaloc). it has been a wonder drug for the past 8 years keeping my acid under control completly. I have been switched to pantaprozole magnisium(tenca) about a month now and it too has total control of my acid. The tenca seems to work even a little better. With these drugs there is a build up time, a few days or so, in which time you may feel that it is not working but belive me it does. Try not to miss any doses, and carry an emegency pill two in case you forget to dose in the mornning. My acid returns very quickly if I miss a dose I feel it by about one or two pm. I always have an emergency pill with me. Good luck, I know what you are feeling.
Well I have just used up the sample from the DR, I must say I feel little better, I still have the shoulder pain. I went to get more pills. Now my beef is, I am tired all the time, I feel like going back to bed through the day, then if that isnt enough. I am totally constapated. I have been taking prunes that is doing nothing plus taking metamucill pills twice a day, that isnt do anyting either. Do you have the bathroom issue also? Thank you so much for reply. Tania

Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
(male)

Smsmitty1 HB User

I did have some issues with loose bowels and gas in the first days of pantaprazole sodium, but that went away within the the first month. I have not had any side effects from the pantaprazole magnisium. I think some of the first side effects were because I was suddenlly able to eat normally. One side effect was some weight gain but I think that was from eatting not from the drug it's self. I had lost alot of weight before I was treated. I hope you have the same results eventually, it has been a wonder drug for me so far.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
(male)

sqadri17 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Has Anyone Tried Tecta (pantoprazole magnesium)?

I have been taking 40 mg once a day first thing in the morning since two weeks. I don't like to take any medication, but, I had no choice because of my heart burn and every other night vomiting and gas rflux etc. It is working like a magic on me and few days I felt 10% heart burn when started taking pills. But, now, I don't feel anything. on the scale of 10, I have 0% heart burn. I would like to see what happens when I"ll finish my 30 tablets. keeping my fingers cross. so far so good.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
(male)

sqadri17 HB User

I had all symptoms as you. and Tectra is really working magic on me too. I have been taking it almost two weeks now and two more to go to see real cure.

Closed Thread