It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

ArianaM HB User
Stabbing pain in stomach/osophagus area.

Hi,
I am a 20 year old female and was diagnosed with GERD and gastritis by my general doctor in february of 09. She prescribed nexium to take and the morning and over the counter pepcid AC to take at bed time if necessary. She also suggested to see a gastroenterologist for further tests which I did. I had an endoscopy done on april 20, 2009 where my gastritis was confirmed. My dr. gave me an other prescription of nexium and told me to stop taking the pepcid AC.

5 months later, I am finding myself 22 weeks pregnant and I am still having pain in my stomach at times (right under the rib cage). It feels like somebody is slicing into my actual stomach. I noticed that this pain usually happens if I do not take the Nexium or if I have a cold. I did have to lay off the nexium from may to july because my OB suggested not to take any prescription medicine for the first trimester of pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. So after the 3 months was up (and after losing about 8lbs for not being able to eat) she gave me the ok to start the nexium again.

This pain though keeps coming back and I am wondering if the Nexium is working or actually hurting my stomach even more. I know gastritis takes time to heal but I wouldn't want it to get worst.... or turn into an ulcer or something.
Oh and also I had and endoscopy when I was 13 because of stomach pain and was diagnosed then with osophagitis and osophageal spasms. I was also prescribed nexium then and symptoms went away after about 3-4 months.

Help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread