It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
(female)

Aryana70 HB User
Unhappy On 80mg Nexium still have pain is this normal?

I have been diagnosed with LPR and acid reflux for 2 years now.
It has been a constant battle I am on 80mg of nexium a day and over the past 3 weeks have been feeling awfull.
I have to say that I hadn't been keeping an eye on my diet that strictly as I should. There is upper stomach pain just below the breast bone the stabbing pain is still here even though I take the meds. The area where I feel the pain is sore even when I touch.
As you can imagine I am freaking out and scared if there is anything else going on, and why don't the meds work? Could I have barretts now?
I had some carafate from when I was first diagnosed and took them for 1 week but I think it made me feel even worst, bloated and more indigestion feeling.
For the past 2 days have been on a real strict diet. Just chicken and vegetables for lunch and dinner, with no sauce and couple of bananas for breakfast, my only sin is having one cup of coffee in the morning.
Please help me and advise what there is I could do? Could this be very serious? I had endoscopy in Jan which should small hiatus hernia, and manometry test which confirmed reflux.
I also constatly take gaviscon advance.
At the moment the throat feels tight with phlegm.
Please advise what other meds? or a diet plan?
Thank you

Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
(female)

Aryana70 HB User
Re: On 80mg Nexium still have pain is this normal?

Just bumping up the message, haven't had any replies. Please reply if you also take 80mg of nexium

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
(female)

angel011089 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryana70 View Post
Just bumping up the message, haven't had any replies. Please reply if you also take 80mg of nexium
I take 40 mg of prilosec have for 2 years still live with the stabbing pain it goes thru to the back and up to ythe thoart feels like a heart attack they say its all just acid reflux i wish I was more help sorry if I come across something ill let you know I have another appointment on the 20th with a new stomach r Ill see wat he offers I just know it hurts and makes living a normal life hard never know when its going to floor me today is one of those days I hurt all night and woke up that way GOD BLESS I hope you feel better soon if you dont mind me asking wat is lpr ? From Angel

Old 10-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #4
(female)

Aryana70 HB User

HI Angel,

Thanks for the reply. I went to the herbal shop yesterday and bought some chicory root coffee substitute, hoping not having that one cofee a day will help.
Today my stomach feels very sore it is tender to touch specially under the breast bone.
Started taking carafate yesterday again. Will try to call my GI's secretary and ask some questions.
I am so sorry that you are suffering this way too.
LPR is Larongopharyngeal reflux(hope I spelt it right). Basically this is when acid reaches your throat and larynx. The symptoms are excess phlegm in the throat, tightening of the throat and hoarsdness of the voice, sometimes chronic cough extra.
Thankfully I don't have the cough YET!!! I can feel my voice is weak though.
Well all I can say is that I was all fine one day and now suddenly all this, which is really getting me down.
Good luck to you hope your new doctor works out well.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
(female)

painter207 HB User
Wink Re: On 80mg Nexium still have pain is this normal?

O.K. I am on Nexium 2 X a day and this is how I started. Almost over night with the phlem and trouble breathing at night and the soar throat. I never got a bad cough although at times I'd get a tickle that started the cough.
Unfortunately this is a long time healing process. Nexium helped after a couple of month but the soar throat did not go away until I started the drug twice a day. And then it took at least 6 weeks before I can now say it was healed.
Be patient and stay on that diet. Take Probiotics, they put your tummy back to it's good bacteria that we need. Lift your bed on the head and don't drink coffee or alcohol or any carbinated beverages. I can finaly have my cup of coffee in the morning without afects. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.]

Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #6
(female)

Aryana70 HB User

Hi Painter, I guess the reason I am so worried is that I have been on 2 X Nexium for over a year now, and my concern is that they have stopped working!!! and that is what really freaks me out.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:15 AM   #7
(male)

booger36 HB User

Check into the side effects of nexium. I took it for 2 years and then all of a sudden I started having chest pains and stomach pains everyday. I got off the **** and now I feel better. I'm not sayin you should quit takin it, I'm just sayin you should look inot it please!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #8
(female)

angel011089 HB User
Question prilosec

does anyone know if prilosec stops wrking after awhile and if taken prilosec with zantac really wrks ?

Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
(female)

painter207 HB User

I guess the way to go is the natural route if the PPI's don't work anymore.
I believe that The biodopholis and acidophplous is very important to take.

You will find them in the refrigerator section at your health food store.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
(female)

angel011089 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter207 View Post
I guess the way to go is the natural route if the PPI's don't work anymore.
I believe that The biodopholis and acidophplous is very important to take.

You will find them in the refrigerator section at your health food store.
thank you I will look for them God Bless You ANGEL

Closed Thread