Question on PPIs
I have a question.... doc thinks I may have gastritis... due to too much acid...
he asked me to try aciphex for a few weeks... 1 tablet in the morning...
my question is... if i produce too much acid, wouldnt aciphex just be a temporary solution? after the gastritis heals, what happens with the acid.. its still there, possibly causing the same symptom?
another thing is, i've read that PPI's cause small polyps in the stomach with long term use... what is long term?
anyone know anything about PPIs?
Dr. assured me that this would not be the case for just a few weeks, but im still scared.