It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
(male)

darryl57 HB User
Drinking caffiene

I have recently put aside coffee which I love, and have been drinking tea in its place, the tea is cozy chamomile all natural and caffiene free, is that ok you think ? I have read that tea and coffee with or wihtout caffiene should be avoided..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: Drinking caffiene

Herbal tea's are not the same as the common tea's.

Chamomile has relaxing properties and improves digestion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
(female)

manali HB User

There are many other herbal tea that are caffeine free and have wonderful effects. You can try them also.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
(male)

darryl57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackytoposthere View Post
Herbal tea's are not the same as the common tea's.

Chamomile has relaxing properties and improves digestion.
Thanks wacky..

Old 10-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
(male)

darryl57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manali View Post
There are many other herbal tea that are caffeine free and have wonderful effects. You can try them also.
Hi and Thanks for your timely reply. What are some of the others ? How about ginsing ?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

When it comes to herbal tea's, There's two reasons to use them, (1) taste and feel good at the moment and (2) to use for treating a problems which you would used 2 to 3 times a day for a period of time.

Some people find the need to sweeten herbal tea's to get them down, but then their taking away from the reason of drinking them in the first place. The premade herbal tea's you can buy in the stores are made to taste good without having to sweeten. The health stores have large selections to choose from.

Herbal tea's for treating problem are different, some are made with one to maybe four herbs, others for treating more serious condition are mixed with maybe 6 to 10 herbs.
The remedy is put together with primary herbs (50 - 60%), secondary herbs (30-35%) and a catalyst herb (5-10%).

The catalyst herbs aid in getting the herbs into the body quickly and with optimum absorption. A sample of catalyst herbs are: Capsicum, Ginger rt, Fennel sd, Cinnamon, and Peppermint.

Ginseng rt, there's 6 that I know of, some are stronger then others, and tend to work different.

Medical tea's can be brought generally from practitioners, or made from buying bulk herbs at your health food store, then mixed together. However you do need to know what your doing. I generally drink mine on ice.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
(male)

darryl57 HB User

Thank you..

Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
(female)

Janaly HB User

Hello Darryl,

I too am on the route of hoping to avoid coffees now even decafs.
I will try the Chamomile Tea......you mentioned. The acid reflux may
be starting with me I think....am trying to pinpoint if I am getting it
after drinking coffee and I do think I am a little actually.

Do you sense any difference between decaf and regular when you
were drinking it?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB User

I miss my coffee!

I find that unsweetened green tea is the best for me. I sometimes add a little raw honey and a spray of lemmon juice to it. It almost feels to me like it dries my stomach or gets rid of the acid. But it has to be true grade green tea. I drink it cold.

For some weird reason, I have to be careful with ginger tea, camomile tea, etc. They have both given me heartburn, though I hear people use it to fight heartburn, promote good digestion, etc.

Coffee was my last vice!

Rose

Old 03-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
(male)

darryl57 HB User

Folks, I have slipped back into drinking coffee, but not as much as I use to, and still drink tea as well, but I promise myself to get back off the coffee, even though its half and half.

Also because of insurance changes, my doc changed me from kapidex to a generic for prevacid called lansoprazole 30 mgs, has anyone tried these and how did they work ?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:08 AM   #11
(female)

shipscook1 HB User

I do not want to lead you down the evil coffee path; however I find when I have coffee from beans that are ground just before brewing--no heartburn? One cup in a place that uses preground coffee, ouch.
I drink tea once in a while, both herbal and regular, have not noticed a problem.

I take the generic omeprazole 20mg, seem to work fine, my trigger for heartburn was grease whiich I don't really like anyway.

Take care,
Nan

Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #12
(female)

Janaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipscook1 View Post
I do not want to lead you down the evil coffee path; however I find when I have coffee from beans that are ground just before brewing--no heartburn? One cup in a place that uses preground coffee, ouch.
I drink tea once in a while, both herbal and regular, have not noticed a problem.

I take the generic omeprazole 20mg, seem to work fine, my trigger for heartburn was grease whiich I don't really like anyway.

Take care,
Nan
Hello Nan,

Omeprazole...............I may check into that! Need to get changes in
place also...............is Omeprazole over the counter or perscription?
Thanks!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
(female)

Janaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebloom View Post
I miss my coffee!

I find that unsweetened green tea is the best for me. I sometimes add a little raw honey and a spray of lemmon juice to it. It almost feels to me like it dries my stomach or gets rid of the acid. But it has to be true grade green tea. I drink it cold.

For some weird reason, I have to be careful with ginger tea, camomile tea, etc. They have both given me heartburn, though I hear people use it to fight heartburn, promote good digestion, etc.

Coffee was my last vice!

Rose
Hello Rose,

I did a little grocery shopping today and picked up 3 types of tea.....ginger
was one of them. I will try it soon.~~ Gosh hope I do not experience the
heartburn.....if I do I will move on to tea nbr 2 and 3 that I purchased.

What are your thoughts are green tea and feeling hyper or nauseated?
Any parallels do ya think?

Janaly

Old 03-24-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
(female)

Janaly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipscook1 View Post

Take care,
Nan
o

Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
(female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

Janaly - different 'Rose' here ... but I enjoy peppermint or a combined mint tea to calm queasy tummies. It is very theraupeutic as well, the aroma as I hold that hot steaming cup in my hands. I drink iced raspberry tea. Terrific for the female organs. Toning and calming them as well. Great pre-delivery tea.
I can not longer drink coffee either - I miss it so - but not enough to jeopardize the GERD stuff - I take kapidex also and would like to consider an alternative, if only for the cost
another 'Rose'

Closed Thread