It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User
Tight throat sensation

I was diagnosed years back with acid reflux and stress which for me went hand in hand. The stress made things worse.
Anyways I know what triggers the issue and what doesn't.
Last week I had a really bad week. Not sleeping, coughing due to a poor diet that week with daughter and friends back from school! Plus with husband losing his job recently...more stress.
I have a feeling of pressure on my throat. Almost like wearing a tight turtleneck or drainage stuck there. It started last week with the acid problems. Is this part of having acid reflux, another symptom? I start having this feeling after I'm up awhile, after coffee or breakfast; that's why I'm thinking it could be acid.
Anyone ever have this? I feel like I'm going crazy with this and worrying is not helping matters. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Tight throat sensation

The tight throat is most definately a part of the acid reflux syndrome. I was so scared when it first started happening to me over a year ago. I thought I was getting asthma. But it wasn't that, it was part of the silent reflux. You don't always feel the burning sensation coming up. That's why they call it silent. It comes with mucus in the throat and a tight sensation. It is reflux and mine was set off my stress. For the past 2 years we have been fighting to save our home, I have had trouble with my 16 year old step daughter who is into all kinds of trouble and a few other issues, mostly financial. This all started my reflux. Things are getting better for us slowly but surely and my health issues are easing up.

Check out what is going on in your life and try hard to reduce the stress. Don't panic. I have Pevacid and Tums in my purse to keep things under control. You may want to get some acid reducers for awhile.And just watch your diet. There are certain foods you can eat to help matters out. I am trying to lose 25 pounds but not having any luck. I wish I could make some headway with that. I know that helps reflux too.

Hang in there! Here to talk anytime!

Last edited by TEdds83; 10-20-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CaringMom HB User

TEdds - Thanks for replying. Checking into this, I remember now why I went to the doctor in the first place; I couldn't swallow! I did have this feeling of something in my throat as well but just remember the feeling of not being able to swallow. OMG what a horrible feeling.
Yes, I have plenty of Pepto, antacid tablets in the house and my purse!
Never leave home without them.
Hopefully this will pass. I should weigh little of nothing as I'm afraid to eat anything; but not so. I too need to lose about 15 pounds and I'd feel better.
And I can relate with family issues; been there myself at one time with my youngest.
Good luck to you and thanks again for easing my mind!!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Take care! I know you will get better. Keep us posted!

Closed Thread