It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
(male)

devkbtay21 HB User
What causes heartburn in a healthy 21 year old male with no heartburn history?

I was just wondering if anyone knows what causes heartburn in someone who has never had it before. I've had heartburn for a week now, with little relief. There is no change to my diet, although I am a coffee drinker. It has never given me heartburn before though. I am otherwise a healthy 21 year old male and I don't smoke or drink.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
(female)

katarina66 HB User
Re: What causes heartburn in a healthy 21 year old male with no heartburn history?

even the doctors can't answer that one. Have you members of your family that have had trouble? There have been a lot of gastric problems in my family so I'm not surprised I have it. I believe even children can get it.
Are you perhaps stressed about something?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
(male)

devkbtay21 HB User
Re: What causes heartburn in a healthy 21 year old male with no heartburn history?

i have a theory to what was causing it. i went on NSAIDs temporarily for a headache and i believe that could have been a side effect.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
(male)

kevpark HB User

Some causes can be eating/drinking to quickly, too much alcohol or strong drink, a combo of drinking and smoking/drugs.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #5
(female)

katarina66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devkbtay21 View Post
i have a theory to what was causing it. i went on NSAIDs temporarily for a headache and i believe that could have been a side effect.
that's very possible. I can't take Ibuprofin or anti-biotics without getting severe heartburn. I'm on statins which I have stopped. although acid reflux is not on their list of side effects, my reflux is ninety percent better already.

Closed Thread