It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Pain burning under right rib

Has anybody had this? I've been doing real well with my reflux for about 8-9 months. I got sick (regular virus, cough, runny nose) and now I'm having this pain and burning at my right rib (mostly on bottom). Not sure if this is acid reflux or not? I've been belching a little bit and had a little reflux but not much. Wonder if this is related to reflux or not? Not gallbladder, I don't have one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
(male)

MrMan1 HB User
Re: Pain burning under right rib

I, too, have had this along with GERD/LPR. Mine began after my first-ever chiropractic treatment. It is worse if I bend at the waist, such as when I drive. I've had acupuncture, more chiropractic, ultrasounds, x-rays and doctors' exams, but nothing is found. My main doc says it's likely nerve irritation from the chiropractic, given where I was manipulated and where the nerves run around to the front. At times my pain extends further around to the side of my ribs, too. Don't know if this helps you, but at least you're not alone. BTW, my acupuncturist says she has another patient with exactly the same symptom, and that hers started after chiropractic, too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Pain burning under right rib

I've never been to a chiropracter so I don't know if it's the same thing. Mine does seem to be improving since I have been watching what I eat. It seemed to come on after I got sick (virus, flu? not sure). It's odd that getting sick seemed to cause alot of things to get worse, like my reflux, pain under rib etc. Odd how one thing effects another, you would think the flu or whatever would have no effect on acid reflux.

Closed Thread