It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
(female)

Logeese HB User
Just found out I have have severe acid reflux

For 7 years now I have had sharp chest pains with only it getting worse. Now as time has passed with this pain i get it more often and it now brings me to my knees. During this time I have been pumped with anxiety and depression pills because the doctors and emergency rooms have told me the pains are panic attacks even though i said i am not depressed, maybe a little stressed due to thinking i am dying or having a heart attack but no way depressed. I have been told I have Pneumonia and the pains were from it even though i was not coughing or had fluid in my lungs, Fibromialgia, chest arthritis and here is a good one its ALL IN MY HEAD but not once in all these years to the emergency room thinking i am having a heart attack or my regular doc did anyone check for acid reflux! I dont get heart burn, its severe pain. Chest pain right in the middle of my chest going towards the left side with bubbling or twitching over my heart and nausea in the stomach with gurgling also pain moves up left side of throat and into left arm (only left arm when very severe). I was just told (finally!) by a emergency room doctor i have severe acid reflux and that is what has been causing all the pain. And now that i have put two and two together i do get the pains more severely after eating with the nasuea/gurgling in stomach. I have a appointment with a speicalist middle of December but i am scared. Sympotoms are so bad right now i cannot eat anything without getting severe chest pains to the point i cannot do anything. What if these stupid doctors that said it was nothing for 7 YEARS caused it to be so bad now that its life threating or cannot be repaired. Now my signs include shaking, weakness and very dry mouth with horrible taste, gums and teeth are not doing well anymore even though i go to dentist every 6 months. Also now when i go to the bathroom i have this weird feeling thats not normal. Is there a chance that having this for so long without treatment it could be cancer? Thanks for any help you can give.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Just found out I have have severe acid reflux

It sounds to me like Esophageal Spasms. They can mimic a heart attack. I have had them for years. I didn't know what they were at first, and I didn't know how to stop them. You can take a muscle relaxer for these spasms. If nothing else, the muscle relaxer will lessen the pain if not take it away. My doc kept telling me it was heart burn, of course I knew it wasn't, I do know what heart burn is and it feels nothing like this pain. Ask your doc if you can take a muscle relaxer.

Sunny

Old 11-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #3
(female)

Logeese HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sunny1 View Post
It sounds to me like Esophageal Spasms. They can mimic a heart attack. I have had them for years. I didn't know what they were at first, and I didn't know how to stop them. You can take a muscle relaxer for these spasms. If nothing else, the muscle relaxer will lessen the pain if not take it away. My doc kept telling me it was heart burn, of course I knew it wasn't, I do know what heart burn is and it feels nothing like this pain. Ask your doc if you can take a muscle relaxer.

Sunny
Yes it could be that! Doc's never mentioned anything about it though. When i lay down at night i do get a tighting in chest and then kinda like a very fast vibration sensation which i thought was my heart beating super fast. Hardly get it while standing only laying down. It wakes me up from sleep and i start to freak out thinking oh no my heart again LOL. I have had every test possible done on heart and it has even done this vibration thing while connected to machines and nothing. i could never figure it out and neither could doc's

Last edited by Logeese; 11-19-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
(female)

just2help HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logeese View Post
For 7 years now I have had sharp chest pains with only it getting worse. Now as time has passed with this pain i get it more often and it now brings me to my knees. During this time I have been pumped with anxiety and depression pills because the doctors and emergency rooms have told me the pains are panic attacks even though i said i am not depressed, maybe a little stressed due to thinking i am dying or having a heart attack but no way depressed. I have been told I have Pneumonia and the pains were from it even though i was not coughing or had fluid in my lungs, Fibromialgia, chest arthritis and here is a good one its ALL IN MY HEAD but not once in all these years to the emergency room thinking i am having a heart attack or my regular doc did anyone check for acid reflux! I dont get heart burn, its severe pain. Chest pain right in the middle of my chest going towards the left side with bubbling or twitching over my heart and nausea in the stomach with gurgling also pain moves up left side of throat and into left arm (only left arm when very severe). I was just told (finally!) by a emergency room doctor i have severe acid reflux and that is what has been causing all the pain. And now that i have put two and two together i do get the pains more severely after eating with the nasuea/gurgling in stomach. I have a appointment with a speicalist middle of December but i am scared. Sympotoms are so bad right now i cannot eat anything without getting severe chest pains to the point i cannot do anything. What if these stupid doctors that said it was nothing for 7 YEARS caused it to be so bad now that its life threating or cannot be repaired. Now my signs include shaking, weakness and very dry mouth with horrible taste, gums and teeth are not doing well anymore even though i go to dentist every 6 months. Also now when i go to the bathroom i have this weird feeling thats not normal. Is there a chance that having this for so long without treatment it could be cancer? Thanks for any help you can give.

Last edited by just2help; 12-03-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
(female)

just2help HB User
Smile Re: Just found out I have have severe acid reflux

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with acid reflux but it hadn't yet reaches severe stages. I honestly think you've been misdiagnosed, because your symptoms aren't adding up to acid reflux. Don't get me wrong you have a couple of the signs, but honey panic attacks and the abnormal feelings are not acid reflux. Explain every feeling, complaint, and concern to your Dr. Ask him/her what else could this be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. God Bless You

Old 12-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
(female)

just2help HB User

messed up, disregard my 1st reply. Unsure of how to delete it. Sorry

Last edited by just2help; 12-03-2009 at 07:05 AM.

Closed Thread