It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

logic1028 HB User
pain in throat, neck and ear

For the past several months I've had a dry, ticklish cough, sore throat and pain that travels around my neck, jawline and ear. Sometimes it feels as if there's a lump in my throat, right at the bottom of the neck. The pain seems to concentrate on the left side, although I've felt it in the right ear and jaw on occasion.

My doctor seems to think it's GERD, which I've been treated for before, but two weeks after upping my dosage the pain and irritation is still there. Before I press him for further testing, I wonder if anyone here has experienced those symptoms from acid reflux.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
(male)

mucous HB User
Re: pain in throat, neck and ear

Hi, I have been diagnosed by an ENT as having Acid Reflux although I am having a gastroscopy on Monday by another consultant. My symtoms have included ear ached, shooting pains under my jaw and a general feeling of discomfort in my neck on the left hand side. I can have just one symtom or a number of them at the same time. I also now have a burning throat sensation but that tends to come and go. Some weeks I am fine and then other times I am quite bad for a couple of days. I also have quite a lot of throat clearing and general mucous in my sinuses. Sound familiar?

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
(female)

logic1028 HB User
Re: pain in throat, neck and ear

Yes, I have all those symptoms. Today I've got a lump in my throat that's particularly uncomfortable. It's like there's a golf ball lodged in there, and my throat is sore. I'm anxious to hear what you learned from your test.

Closed Thread