It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #1
(male)

McPhee HB User
Bedsup solution for raising bed

Many of you probably incline your bed to deal with GERD.

Risers or boards put under the head of the bed are the cheapest solution, but we couldn't use them with our large bed frame... it sunk in the middle, plus I don't think risers are good for health of a bed frame. I tried a wedge pillow but couldn't get used to it because it wasn't comfortable when laying on your side... and especially on your stomach. Then we tried this air-inflated thing (I forget what it was called) that goes under the mattress. Like the wedge, it created a curved surface and it felt like we were on a waterbed. Adjustable beds were an option, but those are expensive.

Then I came across this thing called a Bedsup insert. Basically, it's just a wedge-shaped metal frame that you assemble and it sits on top of the flat part of your bed frame. You put the box springs and mattress on it and voila, you have a sloped bed. You can slope it to either 2, 4 or 6 inches.

For those of you who prefer a sloped, diagonal incline surface, but don't want to risk damage to your bed frame, this may be a good solution for a few hundred bucks. We are pleased with it. It's a lot cheaper ($170-$360) than an adjustable bed. It's kind of a pain to assemble, but not horribly difficult, and it works.

I just wanted to note this as a possible solution since I've never seen a bedsup review online.

Last edited by McPhee; 12-21-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
(male)

Cowpin8 HB User
Re: Bedsup solution for raising bed

Thank You very much!
I am going to look them up on the internet and buy one.
Thats great. Thanks. I had cynder blocks under my bed. Not too good for my expensive frame!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have used 4x4 wooded blocks for years with a smaller size for the middle of a king size bed.

It works for us!!----Harry

Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
(male)

JPCS HB User

Thank you for your reply for the Beds Up Insert. I am the inventor of the Insert and I am pleased that you are enjoying a safe and healthy night sleep.

Closed Thread