It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

jns1022 HB User
Crazy Question...Stomach Feels Better After Eating Unhealthy?

My stomach seems to feel better after eating meals that would be considered unhealty (higher in fat and calories). Crazy right? Anyone else ever experience anything like this? I started having stomach issues back in August of last year after deciding to start eating better to lose weight. Since that time I've lost 48 lbs because I quit eating fast food, drinking sodas, and eating sweets. Instead I started eating a lot more fruits and veggies. After I changed my diet, I started experiencing stomach issues which have continued. I've recently been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and acid reflux based on symptoms alone, no tests. Ironically though, I don't seem to have problems when I eat foods that are high in fat and calories. Could anyone think of a reason why this might occur? Also, I had my gallbladder removed, due to a gallstone, in December after having 3 gallbladder attacks in less than a month. Currently I'm experiencing a dull ache at my breastbone, my stomach is tender to the touch, burping, and some occasional tightness in my chest and throat. My doctor prescribed Carafate which I've been taking for almost 2 weeks as well as Prilosec. Still no noticable improvement yet.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
(female)

tex2007 HB User
Re: Crazy Question...Stomach Feels Better After Eating Unhealthy?

Interesting that your problems began after the Gall Bladder Surgery.
In retrospect, I realize mine did too! Anyone else have the same experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
(female)

jns1022 HB User

Well, I was having stomach issues before having my gallbladder removed which I thought was due to my gb. At this point I'm having trouble distinguishing what symptoms I already had before the surgery compared to what's going on now. Some symptoms are what I already had but some aren't. It's all confusing and I'm frustrated because I stupidly thought that all my issues would go away after I had my gallbladder taken out which was most definitely wrong. tex2007-What problems are you experiencing after having your gb removed?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
(female)

tex2007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jns1022 View Post
Well, I was having stomach issues before having my gallbladder removed which I thought was due to my gb. At this point I'm having trouble distinguishing what symptoms I already had before the surgery compared to what's going on now. Some symptoms are what I already had but some aren't. It's all confusing and I'm frustrated because I stupidly thought that all my issues would go away after I had my gallbladder taken out which was most definitely wrong. tex2007-What problems are you experiencing after having your gb removed?
Don't know if this made a difference or not but, my gb wasn't removed laproscopically. I had additional work done at the same time so, They
opened me up. I developed a hiatal hernia followed by GERD. Then came
Asthma with sinus infections. All are under control now (thank the Lord!)
but, before the gb surgery, I had none of these. I had Laser surgery done on the sinuse which cleared that issue. (BTW, my GB had 1 huge stone...no
infections.)

Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
(female)

jns1022 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2007 View Post
Don't know if this made a difference or not but, my gb wasn't removed laproscopically. I had additional work done at the same time so, They
opened me up. I developed a hiatal hernia followed by GERD. Then came
Asthma with sinus infections. All are under control now (thank the Lord!)
but, before the gb surgery, I had none of these. I had Laser surgery done on the sinuse which cleared that issue. (BTW, my GB had 1 huge stone...no
infections.)
Yikes, you sure have been through a lot. Glad you are doing better now. You think you're getting one thing taken care of that you won't have to worry about anymore and then something else occurs. Finally called my doctor today and he now prescribed Nexium instead of Prilosec to see if that will help. If not he want to schedule an upper endoscopy which I do not want to have done.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
(male)

emailrobert HB User

I have been researching my symptoms and found this posting. I am having some of the exact same symptoms you were. Feel better after eating, dull ache in breastbone, occasional tightness in chest.

Did you ever get it figured out?

Closed Thread