It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

sintek HB User
Big Burp Stuck DURING Eating

Sometime ( maybe 1 - 2 times a week) after the first couple of bits of a meal especially chicken, it feel like a have an ENORMOUS burp stuck in my chest / throat but it wont come out.

Usually some Very large Deep breathes will get rid of it or sipping on water or standing up, trying to swallow food is difficult like my throat is blocked or tightened but my breathing is fine and not restricted at all.

But lately the intensity has really really gotten strong and it made me vomit once after only taking 3 bits of a hot dog.

I have a feeling it happens with stuff that has high sodium/salt content, but this doesn't always hold true.

There is not really any pain after it goes away and normally last less than 1 minute.

If i swallow air like a fake burp and hold it, it feels exactly like that except 20 times the strength.

I have tried to take a Tums right as it is happening and it did nothing.

Last edited by sintek; 06-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ladybuglove HB User
Re: Big Burp Stuck DURING Eating

That does sound painful, could be your esophogaus have you tried anything like zantac or prilosec two a day? prilosec is the same as nexium if you take it 2 a day its basically the same thing. Also you cant just take it when you feel the burp happening you have to do this every day two a day for it to work. But it will only work if you think its an acid issue if not it may have no effect. I do suggest though going in for an endoscopy. Try to limit the hard to digest foods like meats, watch your diet, and eat slowly. Sounds like some sort of Dysphagia though of some sorts or Odynophagia or possible GERD. There are many reasons to have dysphragia though so an endoscopy would be in order.

Possible reasons:
Diverticuli of the pharynx and esophagus
food allergies
tumors
Achalasia\
GERD
etc etc..

Itll depend on the cause to give a treatment..or good drug option so couldnt say! But I hear You may learn to position your head in ways that help you swallow and certain exercises for it and DGL chewable form helps the acid and coats the pharnyx 1 hr before meals and Slippery Elm in powder in water drink it coats the esophagas 3 times a day (herbs) can help, but if it is Gerd then you can do the prilosec two a day, test things out see what works but def go for the endoscopy!

Last edited by ladybuglove; 06-03-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

sintek HB User

Thanks for the Reply Ladybuglove

I dont think it is acid reflux because i get that at night sometime and i Take a Tums and it gone, I recognize the feeling and taste of the acid relux , and when i get Acid reflux my saliva glands go crazy and i get alot of spit.

This is a totally different feeling, like as if I took an air compressor hose and stuck it down my throat and turned it on, but my throat wont let the air out.

Last edited by sintek; 06-03-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB Userrosebloom HB User

You could be experiencing esophageal spasms. I also wonder if you could be experiencing asthma, weird as that may sound. Perhaps checking with an ear, throat and nose doctor to take a look at your throat to see if your vocal cords are irritated or you have some type of stricture or scar tissue in your throat.

Rose

Closed Thread