It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

xetoilenuitx HB User
Chest pain/stomach pain for 5 days, maybe acid reflux?

I drank a tall glass lemonade five days days ago, and six hours after drinking it (and eating nothing in between), I started having a sharp, uncomfortable stomach ache which moved up into my chest, giving me heartburn I THINK ( not a burning feeling, like a really bad stabbing, pressure feeling) in the center of my chest. The last time I had a little lemonade, I started getting a little pain in my chest and I took a nexium which stopped the pain immediately.

I've had to sleep sitting up the past four nights because if I lie down for even a minute, the pain gets worse. I've had the pain non-stop for five days, varying in degrees of pain, from a dull ache to a sharp stab, and it seems to be unrelated to anything, eating doesn't make it worse or better, the pain just seems to have a mind of its own.

Also, the pain seems to take turns between my intestines, stomach, and chest, and I'm bloated due to constipaton. I took a nexium every day, and drank some antacid mix-in, tried a pepcid, tried tums, tried baking soda, tried vinegar, drank milk, ate bananas, but nothing's helping.

I'm only 17 years old and at a healthy weight, my dad had pain like this but took nexium for a month and his heartburn stopped immediately. His heartburn wasn't a burning feeling either, more a stabbing pain, which he at first thought was a heart attack.

I started getting that pain three years ago, and I get the pain only a few times a year, but when I do, it's bad. Sometimes I can find a cause for it, like spicy food, but sometimes it just seemed completely random. However, when I get it, I would take one of my dad's nexiums, which I know I shouldn't do without my own prescription, but it was literally the only thing that helped. Now it doesn't help at all, and the pain has never lasted this long before.

I've had some other symptoms too, like nausea, dizziness, lightheadedness, and headaches (but they may not be related). I've had pretty bad gas and have been burping a lot.

And one more thing, I dealt with anorexia for the last three years, but I'm eating healthy now and at a healthy weight again. Could my low food intake have damaged my organs some how, and could this pain actually be my heart? Two years ago, in the midst of my anorexia, I was in class and started feeling a horrible pain in my abdomens, that moved up into my heart and caused me to faint from the pain. It happened really fast and there was no explanation for it, I hadn't eaten anything weird, I just had toast for breakfast, and it was my first period class.

Sorry for the really long post, but I really need help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Chest pain/stomach pain for 5 days, maybe acid reflux?

A few thoughts:

Nexium isn't really a quick-relief option, and it usually takes several hours or days to start working.

If it's been bothering you this much for this long, see a doctor.

If you've been eating properly lately so that your electolytes are in balance, heart problems are unlikely. However, anorexia can damage the digestive tract in various ways, you could be suffering the results of that.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #3
(female)

xetoilenuitx HB User

I went to go see a doctor three days ago from today and she just prescribed Protonix instead, for two weeks, and if it doesn't get better, I'll go get one of those x-rays where you drink something first. It only got worse the last two days but yesterday I threw up what actually looked and smelled like lemonade, I don't know if that's just my stomach acid or what. My stomach pain and chest pain are almost gone, but now it's both sides of my lower ribs that have sharp, shooting pains that leave me almost unable to walk. I have to limp with my back bent over so I don't stretch whatever's hurting ... it's not my ribs, just something under them, and on both sides. Am I just going crazy?

Last edited by xetoilenuitx; 07-21-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors

Old 05-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
(male)

refluxguy HB User

I use ManukaGuard Nutralize - all natural and found it in a pharmacy in New Zealand. Also available by website here in the US. I'm off the drugs and no more heartburn

Closed Thread