It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

LA90019 HB User
Salad dressing/acid reflux safe foods?

Does anyone have any suggestions for acid reflux safe foods? I'm vegetarian... and also I love salads but I'm reading that salad dressing isn't good for the acid reflux. I love cooking a preparing things myself so any recipes or suggestions would be very welcome.

I'm slowly weaning myself back onto solid foods and while I know I'm craving an eggplant parmesan sub I'm sure that would be the worst idea EVER.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
(female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User
Re: Salad dressing/acid reflux safe foods?

oooh, don't do that...yet. Also, ask your acupuncturist about salad. I am not allowed to have it right now b/c its hard on digestion according to my naturopath dr. Practically all of my veggies/fruits are steamed/sauteed b/c raw is much harder on digestion. They told me one day i can again but not now. Maybe something to bring up next time you are at acupuncturist office.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
(female)

LA90019 HB User

yeah, she mentioned that, the steamed veggies thing... about it being easier to digest. Maybe I'll stick to par-cooked veggie salads, chickpeas, green beans and quinoa. I can do without the lettuce anyways. I ate some beans and corn tonight... it was like a BIG step. I'm such a cook and I miss it.

Also I recommend beets... that was one of the first things I was able to digest, I made a cold soup of them blended and it was tasty.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
(female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User

yes beets are my favorite. I probably eat them more than anything. I juice with them every other day and steam them with meals too! LOVE beets Glad to hear you are making progress

Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

TillyDiane HB User

Hello....I am new here...but have had many years of acid reflux and experimenting with foods to get around it. For salad dressing, I now use the orange french dressing watered down half and half, and add one half teaspoon of salt for taste. I keep an extra empty dressing bottle handy to pour the first half into...and this way you get two bottles for the price of one. ANY dressings with vinegar or lemon juice are to be totally avoided and most of the ranch kinds are somewhat tollerated if you water them down a lot. Too strong straight out of the bottle.

Closed Thread