Treat reflux with MORE acid?
I have several LPR symptoms:
- throat has an almost permanent "frog", and sometimes "burns"
- spells of loud drawn-out burping
- above symptoms intensify with meal-size and sugar-content
- scary past episode of bronchial tubes filling every couple of minutes with white, frothy, salty-tasting mucus which was hard to cough out without gagging
- acid erosion of teeth suggestive of reflux (according to my dentist)
My doctor has prescribed a PPI (Somac) for me, but the potential side-effects have put me off taking it.
For the moment I am holding symptoms in check by diet, without drugs.
Chris Kesser suggests treating GERD/LPR with a low-carb diet and acid supplements (e.g. lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, or a HCl/Pepsin capsule).
Dr Rodger Murphree makes a similar argument.
Has any LPR sufferer here found acid supplements helpful (or otherwise)?
Last edited by moderator2; 09-27-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy