It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
(female)

tofumix HB User
Help! Red eyes from Acid Reflux?

I have been having bloodshots and redness in both my eyes due to painful burning from the inside of my nose and throat from acid reflux. When will this ever go away? Thank you.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Help! Red eyes from Acid Reflux?

Have you tried Visine?

Are you taking a PPI drug or anything of that sort for your reflux?

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
(female)

tofumix HB User

Yes, i have tried Visine eye drops and did not help. I realized it was caused from the acid reflux up to my nose. My eyes don't look normal because of the red bumps inside my nose and throat caused by acid burn. I am taking PPIs, but doesn't help much on LPR which is what I have now. I'll be waiting for cancer within the next 10 years and probaby nose, throat, esophagus surgery. I am scared because I am just in my 20s. GERD is a lot easier to cure, but LPR is a lot harder.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Have you tried meteclopramide (Reglan, Maxalon)

It is commonly used for nausea and vomiting, but it also has two effects that could help you, one is that it tightens the oesophegal sphincter, the other is that it makes the stomach empty more quickly, so that there is less in there to regurgitate..... might be worth a trial?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
(female)

tofumix HB User

I am using a wedge pillow to prop my head up right now at night. I was not sure if I still have silent reflux. The antacids seem to help me with relieving my throat a bit. The PPI doesn't seem to be helping with my throat pain. Every morning hoping my throat will go back to normal and nose without symptoms, but doesn't look like it is happening. I am doing the best I can already, but I guess that's how my life will be from now on. I guess when I am having this illness/disease the only thing to do is to be positive, and whatever happens later on i can't really control it. But I heard using long-term PPI can lead to bone fracture and antacids can cause alzheimer's disease. It is sad that only one silent acid reflux can cause so much pain in a person. I am already avoiding the foods that trigger acid reflux. I think only time can tell what will happen to me. I wasn't sure if i'll have a future. It'll take a miracle, but i didn't think it's likely to happen to me. I wasn't sure what to tell my parents and that I am still young in my 20s. I am almost done with college with just one year. Just hope this disease won't get worse and take over my life.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Ask for a trial of meteclopramide, it could be very usefull, especialy if taken before bed

Closed Thread