It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

tofumix HB User
Smile HELP! LPR torture internal pain!

How can one acid reflux ruin a person's life? I don't feel like this is my body anymore and doesn't feel normal. Having LPR for 5 months is a torture and internal pain. PPI does not seem to help with the throat. I am on protonix 40mg and prevacid 30mg. I constantly have to clear my throat and feeling the lump inside. I can still feel acid inside my nose and mucous dripping down to my throat everyday. It is not burning as much anymore, but it is itchy with red bumps meaning inflammation in my throat and nose. I know it is going to take time for it to heal and following a diet. I wonder how I can get the red inflammation down from the stomach acid burn. I have just started taking my PPIs for a week, so not sure how long it takes to kick in. I might need to switch to another PPI if doesn't work. I felt my quality of life has diminished and not as happy. I feel desperate for a cure. I have to restrict myself to going out to eat and my social life. LPR really has an impact of my life now, but I am trying my best to reduce the symptoms in my throat and nose. Hoping one morning all these symptoms will fade away. If my nose and throat is itching does it mean it is trying to heal?

Last edited by tofumix; 01-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread