Let me start from the beginning and I would love advice/positive situations/anything. I am 24 year old male. technically obese (5'11 260) before this whole thing started (now i weigh 230lbs). My eating habits were a problem waiting to happen, double lunches, pizza, pasta, beef sandwiches, fast food, late eating, eating to fast, little to no excersize. You name it I was doing it wrong when it comes to eating. One weekend i went out boozin and woke up and feasted on more portillos (chicago hotdog stand) then any man should eat. After my lunch i layed down and enjoyed my food coma. Went to dinner that night and had a cup of soup, two bites in boom nausea hit me. This was a month ago.
I was riding in my buddys car and he had to pull over because i thought i was going to puke, it didn't happen i made it home, just figured i would be fine after i just relaxed. The next day i went to work ate my normal chicken fingers, soup and salad. Half way through my meal i was in so much pain, same as the day before. Thought it was no biggie usaully i can tolerate pain. Woke up had a bagel sandwhich and it made me sick again.... houston we have a problem. I didn't want to mess around, so i went to my doctor, he called it Gastritis and gave me prevacid for two weeks, that didn't help much, i missed christmas with my family, new years, work, didnt leave my house ever. After the first week of pain i went back to the doctor for a follow up, he felt my stomach noticed the tenderness was gone and told me personally he thought i was getting better (not the case).
After another week i went to a Gastro Specialist, he did some clinical test and gave me Reglan for the Nausea. The first five days i was on it i felt great, i thought i was gonna be fine, went back to my bad eating habits and felt like a million bucks, so i stopped taking it. The first day off i worked out and had a Healthy breakfast, i felt great and finally was going to get something i loved a Club Sandwich Turkey Bacon Lettuce and some french fries. This was the worst idea of my life, since then was a week ago today and i have CHRONIC nausea. cant eat, cant sleep, cant work, cant do a thing. I have no appetite and i feel nausua without eating, then when i finnally eat i feel way worse for a couple hours. i.e i eat a couple bites of applesauce and i am in pain for a few hours to follow.
I had my EGD this past friday, the doctor said i have an inflammed esophigus and had some bile in my stomach. The doctor said its not severe and is treatable, but really gave me no information at all. I am still in so much pain and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Is this a proper diagnoses? Would an inflammed esophigus cause this much pain? Is it my Gallbladder? Is this bile reflux? When will this stop, what can i do? I have no heartburn and i am not vomiting, but all day long i am nausueous. Please help my doctor is really kinda just making it seem like its no biggie, but the fact is i am sick without eating so how could this be GERD? Anyone have a similar situation.
This sure sounds like bile and acid reflux. I'm surprised your doctor didn't prescribe a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) or an H2 blocker for this. The sensations you are feeling are the nerves in your stomach and esophagus that are raw and inflamed. Using a PPI (Prilosec) or H2 blocker (Zantac) for a short term allows your stomach to heal.
Should it hurt like it is? Yup. Remember, the stomach and the esophagus have some of the highest concentration of nerves in the human body (outside the reproductive organs).
Have you tried using any Mylanta or Gaviscon to see if it helps?
Thanks for the reply, i did go on Prevacid for 2 weeks when this first started. And then i was put on Protonix, but then after my scope I was told to just take Reglan. Apperently he thought that acid wasn't my problem, but who really knows what these doctors are thinking. He was really under the impression that what i was going through is not severe. Which made me think that maybe i dont have this bile reflux thing because he didn't mention it. Yesterday I spoke with the doctor again and he said he wanted to do an ultrasound for me.
How long have you been suffering for? It puts my mind at ease knowing that these are common symptoms, because these stomach cramps were really getting me down and scaring me that it is something more serious. I was always under the impression acid reflux would just be happening after i eat something, and would give me some form of heartburn.
I was diagnosed with GERD 18 years ago....geez, its been more than half my life! Ha!
I've taken almost every stomach medicine known to man and have been on one PPI or another for almost 14 years. Acid reflux can happen at any time. You need to alter your diet a bit. No caffeine, high acidic drinks (coffee, citrus juices), foods with tomatoes or excessive spices.
Reglan works to quickly empty the stomach, but does nothing for acid or bile in the stomach. Did the Prevacid or Protonix help? If so, you can either call your doctor to get a new script or head over to your local pharmacy and pick up some generic Prilosec (Omeprazole) or Prevacid. Realize it can take up to three days for a PPI to "kick in", so consider Mylanta or Gaviscon for break-through acid. You can also take an H2 blocker, as it works within 30 minutes or so, while waiting for the PPI to kick in.
Thanks for all the help, the dieting has been pretty easy because i can't eat a thing so that has made it easy to cut back on the fatty foods and coffee/soda. When i was on the prevacid it did start to work slighty because i was able to start eating normal foods eventaully, but what i am feeling now is much different monster. I may just be a little inpatient, it just is such a horrible pain. I've been drinking this Aloe Vera juice so hopefully thats doing something.
Aloe Vera will help, but again it takes time. My recommendation? I know they don't taste good, but get a roll or a bottle of Gaviscon and take a dose. Why Gaviscon? Its one of the few stomach agents that "coats" the stomach and stays with you for a while. See if that helps.