It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

PurpleFox HB User
Unhappy How long does it take for Protonix to work?

I've been taking Protonix twice a day for about 10 or 11 days now and I have GERD, I've been doing all the diet changes and sleepinh suggestions, but I still get a little bit of pain, nausea and burning, along with a lot of burping and gurgling in the throat. At the moment, I have ran out so I cannot get more until tomorrow when I see my doc. Does anyone know how long it'll take for this medicine to relieve all these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

missjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB Usermissjade11 HB User
Re: How long does it take for Protonix to work?

Never for me a year later did nothing, nexium nothing, prilosec nothing, aciphex nothing. With a complete and basic bland diet and the PPI nothing. Same old burping and drama going on. And I'm nothing but 120IBS and in shape, so beats me! I'm gonna have to try an alternative med doc now nothing left to do. Maybe itll be better for you! To each there own.

you can always pick up some prilosec over the counter and do one morning one evening its the same as taking a 40mg of nexium per my doctor.

Last edited by missjade11; 01-23-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

usmc4myson HB User
Re: How long does it take for Protonix to work?

You may also want to try drinking small glasses of skim milk during the day, and taking some Gaviscon liquid before bed.

There is also a natural product which neutralizes acid called Green Magma. It is basically young barley grass powder. You add it to water or juice, and it tastes like you are drinking a freshly cut lawn! My mom has been taking it for about 15 years now, and it controls her reflux.

I have been on omeprazole for about 5 months, and it really does nothing. I added the Gaviscon liquid three nights ago based on someone's recommendation on this board, and for the first time in 5 months, I have not gone into coughing spasms or felt the need to constantly clear my throat. So who knows! Maybe they work together to bring relief, or maybe it is the Gaviscon that is REALLY working!
I can't take the Green Magma due to allergies, but it is worth a try if you have tried everything else!

Closed Thread