It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
(female)

bimik HB User
Re: Sudden onset LPR - could this be neuro?

Vitamin B supplemenets are not dangerous to try, I might try Benfotiamine although as far I understoof reading reviews, it's mostly for older people. I think white tongue could be also a symptom of LPR because if you have problems with digestion then your tongue won't look very healthy. I was also suspecting nerve damage, as I have tmj once in awhile. I am going to do 24 h ph study to find out if it is LPR or not. So tired of chronic throat problems.....................

Old 04-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #17
(male)

miketx HB Usermiketx HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanPancit View Post
I've had LPR for 3 years. I also have shortness of breath, sore throat, ringing in ears, and eye twitches. I also exercise regularly (did a round of P90X and now maintain using Tracy Anderson Method). I was on Aciphex but quit because it did not work for me. I recently have been reading posts by Seeking Sunrise, who believes LPR could be caused by nerve damage, and some people who haven't been helped by PPIs actually have "laryngeal sensory neuropathy." In my case, I started noticing the "lump in throat" feeling after an infection and taking round and rounds of antibioitics. I did a search on "vagus nerve" and found some promising info. Some people are treating it with drugs, but I've been reading about alternative supplements that help heal nerve damage, such as Benfotiamine and Methylcobalamine, which are an absorbable form of B vitamins. I ordered the supplements online and will try it for a couple of weeks to see if it makes any difference. I have a very clean diet, so it doesn't make sense for me to eat fruit and get reflux. Have you looked into laryngeal sensory neuropathy? I'll be happy to post my results after taking the supplements for a couple of weeks.
I didn't realize there were supplements that could heal nerve damage. Thanks for posting the info, and please do let us know how it goes. I guess I'm not the only Austinite struggling with LPR symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
(female)

melody627 HB User

I think you may have a good point. I am seeing a chiropractor next week because I heard they can put a hital hernia back in place. I also have neurological symptoms of numbness but dont know if that feeling in my face is from sinuses. This all started when I lost weight, 50 lbs,but I also lift alot at my job. I have numbness on the right side of my body mainly.I have been diagnosed with esophigitus but have many more wierd symptoms.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
(male)

wplush HB User

Hi guys, first I'd like to introduce myself...my name is Max and similar to you all I have this so called "LPR" that started out of nowhere. Please bear with me and listen to my story and I'm sure you all can relate.....

About a year ago, I was on my computer then suddenly I started getting a shortness of breath of nowhere like a panic attack. I was confused as maybe something was wrong with my heart. I ignored it but I had this chest tightness that lasted for several days. I went to my pcp who did the whole heart work up and found the heart was fine. Next he thought was GERD, I was sent to a GI, did the whole EGD, Bravo, tried all the medicines....even did Nissen Fundo....but it didn't get rid of what I was feeling.

*******IMPORTANT**** now I can bet all of our symptoms started like something like this.....

1. a chest tightness or discorfort....then later
2. throat tightness like lump in throat
3. a raw/burning feeling in the mouth and stomach burning pains

Sound familiar? Well, that's what I went through and I read several other people who got symptoms in those steps. I feel the medical community have not seen too many cases like this so they don't know how to treat it or what is even wrong. It's up to us to search the ends of the web for others suffering to put the pieces together.

But how's this......I recently saw my dentist as I noticed my teeth were started to wear....I do grind my teeth at night and she told me I had TMJ. I'm about a week and 1/2 in my lower splint to shift my jaw forward but since little results. I'm still optimistic though cause like you all.....I feel TMJ does play a role in what we are going through. There's a structural problem wrong with us which is creating this feeling.

I can also bet if you all did a 48 bravo test, we would be positive for "upright reflux" this means we are refluxing through the day without even bending down. How can this be? Something is forcing acidic gases up our LES. Could it be the restriction in airway from our throats? Could it be nerve damage? It could be all these things.

I'll keep you posted on my progress but think about it....if all of us with this LPR have TMJ as well.....isn't that proof that there's a connections? Let's just hope its not permanent damage.

What do you think? and how are you all doing? Thanks

Max

Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
(female)

bimik HB User

Hi !

Thanks for your input. It's sad that you had to go through many challenges, like Nissen, which didn't help you to cure your problems. I also think TMJ is connected with other health problems. I have tmj, which comes and goes. Recently I have been having pain in the left area of my cheekbone radiating towards my neck. But my LPR went 80 % better after my tonsillectomy, even though doctors here never thought I had tonsill issues as my tonsils looked fine.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #21
(male)

wplush HB User

Hi Bimik,

I agree, honestly the Nissen may have helped the severity of my symptoms but it hasn't eliminated it.

Can I ask why you had the tonsil operation? Did a doctor recommend it to you? What were your symptoms before and now? Did you get treated for TMJ with a splint? Thanks

Max

Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #22
(female)

melody627 HB User
Smile Re: Sudden onset LPR - could this be neuro?

Has anyone tried these natural remedies, absorbable b vitamins?

Last edited by Administrator; 04-30-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
(female)

bimik HB User

I had tonsillectomy because I had throat issues, ltos of mucus, white tongue, I was feeling hot all the time. Doctors in US told me I should take PPIs, that its due to reflux. I did 24 h PH study and it showed borderline positive for bile reflux, which wouldn't cause so many symtoms abroad. I did my surgery when I was visiting my parents abroad as the doctor told me I have hidden puss in my tonsils ( he pushed on my tonsils and saw some liquid). During the time, I also started having digestion issues, bloating, etc. After surgery, I feel 70-80 % better. I still sometimes have the lump in the throat, but I try to sleep with elevated head and not use much coffee etc. I was before using enzymes and dgls, now I don't. I sometimes use probiotics. The only new symtom I have for 2 months is excessive dry mouth ( and thirst), I am not diabetic. This symtom started because I had ltos of stress at work etc and didn't eat healthy at the time. So I started chewing too much gum and having more tmj problems.

I believe healthy diet and exercise helps as well. Also I have appointment with my dentist, I removed 2 of my lower wisdom teeth and want to see if I have to remove the upper ones as well as I know those can aggravate tmj problems. I dont wear night guards for my teeth but I might consider if the pain on the left side of my faces goes worse. I am also taking vitamin B now as I think it is good for the nerves and for tmj, in general.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #24
(female)

bimik HB User

I had tonsillectomy because I had throat issues, lots of mucus, white tongue, I was feeling hot all the time. Doctors in US told me I should take PPIs, that its due to reflux. I did 24 h PH study and it showed borderline positive for bile reflux, which wouldn't cause so many symtoms abroad. I did my surgery when I was visiting my parents abroad as the doctor told me I have hidden puss in my tonsils ( he pushed on my tonsils and saw some liquid). During the time, I also started having digestion issues, bloating, etc. After surgery, I feel 70-80 % better. I still sometimes have the lump in the throat, but I try to sleep with elevated head and not use much coffee etc. I was before using enzymes and dgls, now I don't. I sometimes use probiotics. The only new symtom I have for 2 months is excessive dry mouth ( and thirst), I am not diabetic. This symtom started because I had lots of stress at work etc and didn't eat healthy at the time. So I started chewing too much gum and having more tmj problems. There are massages you can do for tmj, I am still learning.

I believe healthy diet and exercise helps as well. Also I have appointment with my dentist, I removed 2 of my lower wisdom teeth and want to see if I have to remove the upper ones as well as I know those can aggravate tmj problems. I dont wear night guards for my teeth but I might consider if the pain on the left side of my faces goes worse. I am also taking vitamin B now as I think it is good for the nerves and for tmj, in general.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
(male)

wplush HB User

Before my symptoms started I always thought of myself as extremely healthy. Ate well and exercised daily. I was shocked when I started getting these unknown LPR gerd like symptoms. At first I thought nothing of it but when I realizes how little the medical community had to offer for it...the panic set in. Anyways, I think I'm past the bottom and if anything is getting use to it. But still I want resolve. I hope my splint helps...I did nissen already and all my blood work and vitals are fine. This is the only thing that's structurally not correct with me. Let's hope guys

Closed Thread